Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5800 Express Music casing gap ?

• 26-03-2009 10:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭

Has your 5800 got a gap between the screen and the case on the top right hand side beside the volume keys ?

Is there a gap between the screen and the main body of the phone on the top right of your phone ? 13 votes

No - it's perfect. No gap, no light escaping
    0%
    Yes there is a gap, but it's tiny
    38%
    samhailsirpsychoelderlemonAlanstrainorcavemeister 5 votes
    Yes, there's a decent sized gap. Can easily see light from the screen through it.
    23%
    VenomMimikyunialo 3 votes
    Yes there is a gap, it's big and letting in dust / getting worse with use.
    38%
    dloobPowerHouseDanPADRAIC.Mwoopwhiterebel 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Have two 5800's in the family. Both are perfect with no gap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Yes, there's a decent sized gap. Can easily see light from the screen through it.
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Guy in FoneMenders says they've ordered cases from Nokia to try to fix the problem. Said they will take a couple of weeks to arrive though.

Has anyone tried a silicon case or similar ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

There is a tiny gap in mine you can see the light through in the dark but dont think ill bother with the hassle of getting it fixed tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

No gap in mine, although i'm not 100% clear as to where i'm looking, but i'd presume i'd see something when i checked the whole top left corner.

• Advertisement

No gap in mine, although i'm not 100% clear as to where i'm looking, but i'd presume i'd see something when i checked the whole top left corner.

Top right corner of the handset, on the side. Where the screen bit attaches to the body.

Have a poll going on All About Symbian.

www.tinyurl.ie/694

Advertisement