Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young woman of too America...

Options
  • 26-03-2009 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭

A young woman in Galway was so depressed that she decided to end her life by throwing herself into the Atlantic Ocean . She went down to the docks and was about to leap into the freezing water when a young sailor saw her tottering on the edge of the pier, crying.
    He took pity on her and said,
    'Look, you have so much to live for.
    I'm off to America in the morning, and if you like, I can stow you away on my ship.
    I'll take good care of you and bring you food every day.' Moving

closer, he slipped his arm round her shoulder and added, I'll keep you happy, and you'll keep me happy.' The girl nodded Yes, After all, what did she have to lose?
    Perhaps a Fresh start in America would give her life new meaning.
    That night, the sailor brought her aboard and hid her in a lifeboat.
    >From then on, every night he brought her three sandwiches and a
    piece of fruit, and they made passionate love until dawn.
    Two weeks later, during a routine inspection, she was discovered by The captain.
    'What are you doing here?' the captain asked.
    'I have an arrangement with one of the sailors,' she explained.
    'I get food and a trip to America , and he's screwing me.' 'He certainly is,' the captain replied. This is the Arran Islands Ferry.'

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

That was it.

I was waiting for something really funny to come out of this.

But Aran Islands. I wasted 2 minutes of my life reading this. No offence, I just don't find that this is that hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

mysterious wrote: »
    That was it.

But Aran Islands. I wasted 2 minutes of my life reading this. No offence, I just don't find that this is that hilarious.

DIAF

(edit: That said, fix the title please. Off*)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭skinner2x

That was it.

Oh thanks so much for sharing that with us, do you think maybe from the thanks count, that possibly, just possibly, somebody may have enjoyed it?...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

That was it.

Jaysus, will ye lighten up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭3qsmavrod5twfe

That was it.

Yeah, and the Aran Island ferry docks every hour as well and surely the young maiden who stowed away (exactly where on the Aran Island ferry she stowed herself, I'm not sure) would have felt the engines stop. Not only is it not funny but unrealistic. From now on more down to earth, realistic humour instead of pure whimsy.

I'm being sarcastic (lowest form of humour, I know).

Get over it, its a joke!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

That was it.

Of course all your jokes are hillarious, oh wait what jokes?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I wasted 2 minutes of my life reading this.

Slow reader?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Oldie but goldie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

LMFAO great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

That was it.

Banz0r from Humour forum!!!
    Clearly no SOH!!!

Ps Great joke :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement