Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want a complete change!!

Options
  • 26-03-2009 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

hi

i am currently 29yo. I have been working in finance for 11 years, the thing is I want a complete change of direction. I would LOVE to do veterinary nursing, animal science...something to do with animals. The problem is I dont know how to go about it. Any of the courses I have looked into are full time and I am not financially able to give up my job to go back to college full time.:(
    does anyone know of any evening courses along these lines in the Dublin area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

how about the diploma in equine science from the university of limerick. it's distance learning. i think they do a certificate as well, and they may well do a degree you can transfer to after the diploma.

look up stonebridge associated colleges. distance learning courses from the UK but check out if they are recognised for job purposes

check out www.qualifax.ie . it lists all courses in ireland by type of course

try ACS distance learning. they have courses in animal science but recognition is questionable.

best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Vet nursing in UCD and Athlone IT are both part-time afaik, but you need to have substantial work experience lined up and for UCD be working in a registered vets practice. As pathway said qualifax can give you a lot of info if you are patient with it. :)

Advertisement