Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia e90 - Not Streaming Video(you tube)

• 26-03-2009 1:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭

can anyone help, using an e90, go on to you tube, click play, real player comes up, attempts to load then I get an error.."Unable to connect to server, time out)..
    I'm using wifi...
    tks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

You need to go into realplayer which is most likely in a folder called media in the applications folder, then go into settings->streaming->network->default access point
    and set it to your wifi

And you should make sure the ports it's using are open in your router

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

cheers Sam, eveything seems correct...

having a bit of trouble trying to open ports on the eircom router but I can surf the web fine....so does that rule out the port problem...

cheers Sam, eveything seems correct...

having a bit of trouble trying to open ports on the eircom router but I can surf the web fine....so does that rule out the port problem...

No it doesn't. The web browsing would be going through port 80 which would be open but realplayer uses different ports. You'll see them in the same place as the default access point.

I haven't done it myself but you might try setting the lowest and highest udp ports to the same value, say 32000, then open UDP port 32000 for outgoing requests in your router configuration. It has to be the UDP port (or TCP/UDP if your router gives that option)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 XY

Are you using the java version of youtube? There is a new native version available for S60 devices now that uses flash to play the videos instead of realplayer. you can get it from the mobile webpage of google or youtube... it works great on my N95

XY wrote: »
    Are you using the java version of youtube? There is a new native version available for S60 devices now that uses flash to play the videos instead of realplayer. you can get it from the mobile webpage of google or youtube... it works great on my N95

I've yet to get that to work for me. It just displays that circular loading thing until I give up and use the normal player

• Advertisement

I had been having the same problem on my router and wasn't bothered fixing it but I just did there.

On my dlink router I had to set up port triggering which opens a port when it detects that an application is trying to use it. I set real player to use ports 31995 to 32000 to make it easier

I just had to give each triggering profile a name, a trigger and firewall port (both the same) and tell it what type of traffic, tcp/udp or both. I selected both.

I had to make a separate profile for each port 31995 to 32000 but your router might let you enter a range

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

it's a router problem all right, it's working fine at home with my bt router and fine over the mobile network.... i'll try again tomorrow at work...cheers Sam

Advertisement