Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hospital Visit

Options
  • 26-03-2009 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭

Prince Charles is visiting an Edinburgh hospital. He enters a ward full of patients with no obvious sign of injury or illness and greets one.

The patient replies:

"Fair fa your honest sonsie face,
    Great chieftain o the puddin race,
    Aboon them a ye take yer place,
    Painch, tripe or thairm,
    As langs my airm."

Charles is confused, so he just grins and moves on to the next patient. The patient responds:

"Some hae meat an canna eat,
    And some wad eat that want it,
    But we hae meat an we can eat,
    So let the Lord be thankit."

Even more confused, the Prince moves on to the next patient, who immediately begins to chant:

"Wee sleekit, cowerin, timrous beasty,
    O the panic in thy breasty,
    Thou needna start awa sae hastie,
    Wi bickering brattle."

Now seriously troubled, Charles turns to the accompanying doctor and asks "Is this a psychiatric ward?"

"No," replies the doctor, "this is the serious Burns unit." :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

All excellent jokes, what do you have for lunch anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Homer

patmac wrote: »
    All excellent jokes, what do you have for lunch anyway?

:D

18-cheese.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

THIS............ is funny?

I'm laughing because I'm so gutted this is even a funny joke:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Yes, it is funny.
    Seeing as you have allso posted in numerous other threads complaining about the Jokes I assume you must have alot of time on your hands.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Another classic, if only I could do the accent to tell it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Yes, it is funny.
    Seeing as you have allso posted in numerous other threads complaining about the Jokes I assume you must have alot of time on your hands.

Since you took the time to reply, and said I had alot of time on my hands as in your reply. Your post is a bit wasteful in that respect.

I have seen other jokes, I only seen two non funny ones, one is this one. I have my opinion. I don't think its funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Homer

Humour by it's very nature is subjective so not everybody will find every joke funny. Hey that's life. There is a rating system in place on boards so maybe use that instead of a "that's not funny??" reply? Or show us what YOU think IS funny :p

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭skinner2x

mysterious wrote: »
    Since you took the time to reply, and said I had alot of time on my hands as in your reply. Your post is a bit wasteful in that respect.

I have seen other jokes, I only seen two non funny ones, one is this one. I have my opinion. I don't think its funny.

Oh go away.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

mysterious wrote: »
    THIS............ is funny?

I'm laughing because I'm so gutted this is even a funny joke:pac:
    Clue
    National poet of Scotland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Good stuff Homer.!

• Advertisement
Advertisement