Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joomla Front Page vs Default Menu

Options
  • 26-03-2009 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

Just wondering what the story with this is?

For some reason my front page is defaulting to the "Default Menu" option rather than things I select to appear on the front page?

Am I doing something wrong??

Thanks
    Gary

Joomla 1.5 by the way

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭randombar

Anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Can you give a bit more detail Garry and maybe a link to the site? I'll try and help you if I can!

Hi,

Sorry about that, I was just wondering if it was some setting I didn't know about. The site is http://psychologymelbourne.com/ as you can see I have the correct page as the home page but the only reason I was able to do that was by setting the home link as the default link in menu manager.

Any other articles and what not I select for the front page never appear.

I was wondering if there was some setting I was missing that is overriding the front page or something?

//Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

If you go to the main menu options and edit the 'Home' link. Check the 'menu item type'... it's probably set to 'Article Layout'. Changing it to 'Front Page Blog Layout' is probably what you want.

Ahhhhh so feicin simple after. BINGO!!!!

Nice one for that!!!

//Gary

• Advertisement
Advertisement