Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estates in Leixlip

Options
  • 26-03-2009 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

I am thinking of moving to Leixlip and was just wondering what the local estates are like. Specially Dun Carriag, Glen Easton and River Forest.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 marooned

Gleneaston - Lovely
    Dun Carrig - Havent been in the houses but seems like a nice estate and right in the village too. Dead handy for pubs ans the like.

Riverforest - Nice house but your stuck up the hill:p

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Damomayo

thanks for that marooned .... problem with the houses i was looking at were parking..... apart from that the house's were nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭bricky10

Glen easton hands down. the other estates dont even come close.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

stay away from the hill, nothing but cults up their with weird beliefs. Find a house in the dreamy far end where ya wont find a burnt out car :D

Ah no only messing, if I was you I would move to Maynooth instead, more pubs,shops etc out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Ryevale, Oaklawn and Castletown are nice. GlenEaston houses are gorgeous but I personally don't like the estate itself..it hasn't matured so there's no 'atmosphere' or something. Rockingham is nicer, with similar nice big houses. I don't know the hill estates..

• Advertisement

Rockingham is nicer.

Ya rockingham and Louisa valley are very nice estates. Used to live in Louisa valley for 4 years. Actually probably nicest part of Leixlip and right beside train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

Don't like louisa Valley, handy for the train Station, but a bit close to confey;). Glen Easton nice estate, a bit far to the village, train etc , no bus service except once a day either way. Would never look up the hill (hillers can't be trusted) anyway, its not part of Leixlip:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭phase-3

Ryevale, has to be the best, everything close and the houses are nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Anywhere except Knockailin, its full of knackers and forigners.

Varkov wrote: »
    Anywhere except Knockailin, its full of knackers and forigners.

What's wrong with foreigners? To be honest I find a lot of them to have more manners than us Irish.

• Advertisement

lods wrote: »
    but a bit close to confey;).

Ya that's true, god I remember the good old days of throwing rocks across the river...eh to see if i could get it to the other side that is!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

not too familiar with gleneaston, but dún carraig's a lovely estate.

riverforest is nice. fair variety between big and small houses there and the like, but overall, a nice area, nice neighbourhood, and i have to throw in some props for glendale as well, but suffice to say im somewhat biased on that one.

phase-3 wrote: »
    Ryevale, has to be the best, everything close and the houses are nice.

looks a bit run down & a lot of the houses are let out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Glen Easton is a nice estate, but as another poster said, not matured.

Riverforest is a fine estate, depending on what part you look at the houses are 25+ years old, decent sized gardens etc.

Dun Carraig would be my choice though, close enough to the village for nights out, close enough to bus stops, close enough to the train station in Confey (maybe 1/2 mile walk), close enough to those enlightened people in the cultural capital of Leixlip, the hill. Nice houses in a quiet enough estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

How dare you! Nah it has a really active residents committee, communal greens and end of roads are well looked after. Oh yeah, it has a lot of greens by the wway, and a huge one along the river that runs the length of the estate (almost).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 room18

I used to live in Ryevale and it is NOT run down at all! Its a lovely mature estate. It has very well kept green areas and all aspects of the estate are well looked after. The houses are nice and big compared to other estates in Leixlip.

I lived in Riverforest for 3 weeks (was 23, wanted to be independant) and i must say it was not pleasent. Was to cramped, houses are small and the area is far from being kept well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

riverdale anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Miss_lady

Riverdale is not my fave I have to admit, though I have cousins who live there and they would kill me for saying so. And so sorry but stear clear of Avondale....

Of all the estates Id say Glen easton is the way to go and this is coming from a Castletown girl. Castletown is a really mature estate and the neighbours are like family but the quality of the houses and the location of Glen easton is much better, if I had to move to another estate it would be there. AND you have the spar/extravision/pharmacy and Doctors right beside ya (though the spar is crap now its refurbished).

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kilmac

Dun Carriag is a lovely estate very active residents commitee kept well and its right in the village very handy if your out for a few drinks. I blew in almost 5 years ago and I really like it. Have to say my neighbors are very friendly and have helped me out a few times when I needed it . The green is usually active with kids playing football. Rooms here are usually snapped up on daft. Best of luck with your search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Gallanstown

What about Rinawade?

• Advertisement

What about Rinawade?

In the jungle, the mighty jungle
    The lion sleeps tonight
    In the jungle, the quiet jungle
    The lion sleeps tonight.

a rinawade a rinawade a rinawade a rinawade :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Gallanstown

In the jungle, the mighty jungle
    The lion sleeps tonight
    In the jungle, the quiet jungle
    The lion sleeps tonight.

a rinawade a rinawade a rinawade a rinawade :D

..........and that implies what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

You're reading into it too much, he just thinks it sounds like the words in that song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

You're reading into it too much, he just thinks it sounds like the words in that song.

Exacty. People, it's called humour!!!

I certainly got a giggle from it.

..........and that implies what exactly?

:o sorry, always makes me think of that song. Big estate , wouldn't like to live down the back, seems nice enough, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

Glenn Easton - Waaaay to far away from everything. But nice enough area.
    Riverforest - Too many not very nice houses crammed in. Just isn't really that nice. Far more anti-social too compared to some others.
    Dun Carraig - Lovely estate. Kept well, nice houses etc. Plenty of greens. Generally very quite and very little to no antisocialness about it now. Would be my pick :)

Advertisement