Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

goalkeeper pointless

Options
  • 26-03-2009 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭

does it make a difference if you have a great keeper like casillias, given, buffon, but then your defence is ****tt.

btw i know given is rated so crap in fm, i change his stat to put him just behind buffon...his current ability is 182 reaching 188

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

acontadino wrote: »
    does it make a difference if you have a great keeper like casillias, given, buffon, but then your defence is ****tt.

Of course.
    No matter how good your keeper is, he's only one of a 5 man defensive unit, so if your defence is crap, even if you have the best keeper in the world, you'll still concede regularly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

btw i know given is rated so crap in fm, i change his stat to put him just behind buffon...his current ability is 182 reaching 188

have you ever played football then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭acontadino

put it like this, lets say i did a little cheat and send buffon on loan to st.pauli, would he basically win the league for me on his own by keeping goals out?

put it like this, lets say i did a little cheat and send buffon on loan to st.pauli, would he basically win the league for me on his own by keeping goals out?

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭acontadino

well st.pauli are in bundesliga 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

He wouldn't single handily win it, but he would probably be your player of the year.

well st.pauli are in bundesliga 2.

He still won't sin the league for you.
    Also if your going to cheat why bother playing?
    Also if your going to cheat may aswell do it properly and bring in a few good players

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

He's not likely to join you anyway

Advertisement