Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS Accessory - Sony Eric - W595

• 26-03-2009 1:54pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys,
    I have an app there on my phone for 'Status Info' on my phone, when chosen it says "Plug in GPS Accessory".

Now I have checked Meteor for this accessory but I cant find it at all.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

yop wrote: »
    Guys,
    I have an app there on my phone for 'Status Info' on my phone, when chosen it says "Plug in GPS Accessory".

Now I have checked Meteor for this accessory but I cant find it at all.

Any ideas?

I believe this is the accessory you are referring to. You can but it on eBay or Expansys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Very reasonably priced at mobilefun; around €45 delivered. Expansys are €55 plus delivery.

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/14335.htm

Use these guys all the time and can't fault them. Delivery is £3.95 and usually only takes 2-3 days.

Pay in sterling as their euro rate isn't the best

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Mighty, thanks lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

I have a Bluenext GPS Receiver that i use on my PDA. Would i be able to use this with Google Maps on the W595 for GPS funtionality?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mazza

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I believe this is the accessory you are referring to. You can but it on eBay or Expansys.

Yep, its for the HGE-100 GPS enabling accessory alright.

I have one (got it for work) and its next to useless - very slow to get signal, inaccurate with position a lot of the time. I was using it with a brand new SE K660 which kept losing track that the HGE-100 was plugged in and then the GPS itself would lose position semi-permanently. Only a system reboot of the accessory would cure it.

Read the couple of reviews on the mobilefun website one of the guys below links to for a hint at the problems and there should be other similar views out the on the net too.

Sony Ericsson were very much playing catchup to Nokia on this a year ago when I looked at this. Just seemed to be throwing any aul' crap they had out into the market so they could boast of GPS, LBS capability.

Avoid.

• Advertisement
Advertisement