Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red 360

• 26-03-2009 2:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

I'm going to get a 360 up north next weekend and wonder if its worth going for the Red "Resident Evil" special edition elite, or if I should just go for the normal elite? Does the red look a bit poncy??:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

I would go for the black one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

I bought the Resi 360 over the weekend, I think it looks pretty sweet. The controllers are red with black accents and the bundle comes with Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix. I got it in GameStop so it came with an extra controller and a play and charge kit as well which was pretty good value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I'm going to get a 360 up north next weekend and wonder if its worth going for the Red "Resident Evil" special edition elite, or if I should just go for the normal elite? Does the red look a bit poncy??:)

I don't know if red's a bit poncy but I have to say that the elite still looks absolutely gorgeous. There's something very slick about black and chrome gadgets, whether it's a console, phone or corkscrew. It's a timeless colour combination that will always look good, whereas the red may look interesting now but next year may very well look dated. Also bare in mind that MS are phasing the Elite out of retail this year, except as a limited edition with future game bundles.

GothPunk wrote: »
    I bought the Resi 360 over the weekend, I think it looks pretty sweet. The controllers are red with black accents and the bundle comes with Super Street Fighter II Tirbo HD Remix. I got it in GameStop so it came with an extra controller and a play and charge kit as well which was pretty good value.

Have to admit, that's pretty good value with all the extras included. I think if I was in the market for another 360 and was going to buy those games anyway, it'd be hard to pass up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

red ftw

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think it looks teh secks! If I was buying a 360 today, that's the one I'd want. I got mine last year and got the Halo 3 one only cause I didn't have the money for an Elite and I didn't want a boring white one and it was the same price :)

dazftw wrote: »
    red ftw

I gotta ask and feel slightly stupid in doing so but what does "ftw" mean? I've googled/wiki'd it but nothing really makes contextual sense...

Oh dear, I feel I'm showing my age :o

FTW = For The Win. Not exactly sure where it came from though.

The red 360 does actually look quite nice, because the hard drive is in black and the controller ports and stuff are black. I think the off-white of the regular Pro and Arcade models of the 360 are fugly, so a black or red elite is the way to go. I was on the fence about getting a 360 but the good value of the Red Resi 5 bundle was what sold me on it. That and the fact I was tired of waiting to see if Fable 2 would come to PC!

That or one of the new dev kits. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

Very happy with mine. Got it two days ago as my old white one got the E74 error.

Worth it i think.

web.jpg?ver=12380835800001

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

jcrowbar wrote: »
    Very happy with mine. Got it two days ago as my old white one got the E74 error.

Worth it i think.

3 year warranty, were you not covered?
    Though I'm not sure when the console launched.

Red looks class alright

• Advertisement

The three year warranty only covers the RROD unfortunately.

My old 360 was out of warranty by three months, drove me mad when it happened.

The red 360's have the jasper chipset, which makes it worth it in itself i think.

GothPunk wrote: »
    FTW = For The Win. Not exactly sure where it came from though.

The red 360 does actually look quite nice, because the hard drive is in black and the controller ports and stuff are black. I think the off-white of the regular Pro and Arcade models of the 360 are fugly, so a black or red elite is the way to go. I was on the fence about getting a 360 but the good value of the Red Resi 5 bundle was what sold me on it. That and the fact I was tired of waiting to see if Fable 2 would come to PC!

That or one of the new dev kits. :eek:

Thanks for the explanation, appreciated. Those new developer kits are gorgeous. Who do I have to pay-off in order to get one??? Seriously, if they released those on the open market, recession or not, they'd sell like hot cakes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

dazftw wrote: »
    red ftw

Ditto :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Thanks for the explanation, appreciated. Those new developer kits are gorgeous. Who do I have to pay-off in order to get one??? Seriously, if they released those on the open market, recession or not, they'd sell like hot cakes!

Dear Bill...hand over the dev box or I'm off to PS3 and OSX :mad:

Dear Bill...hand over the dev box or I'm off to PS3 and OSX :mad:

Brilliant... :D

Much more subtle than my idea...

Dear Bill... hand over the dev box or I won't give you your fingers back...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Brilliant... :D

Much more subtle than my idea...

Dear Bill... hand over the dev box or I won't give you your fingers back...

hmm..i much prefer the violent way :D

hmm..i much prefer the violent way :D

For no particular reason, anybody know where Bill lives... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,619 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

For the resi 360 .does sf come with it download it?

For the resi 360 .does sf come with it download it?

A card is included in the box with a code to use on Live to download it.

Curiously mine came with the old dashboard and i had to update to NXE. Would've thought they'd be shipping it on new systems by now!

jcrowbar wrote: »
    Curiously mine came with the old dashboard and i had to update to NXE. Would've thought they'd be shipping it on new systems by now!
    As did mine. I checked the manufacture date and it says 01/10/09. NXE hit in November right? The new Arcades come with NXE already installed, don't they? Not that it was a problem for me to download updates, it's just a bit odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Does streetfighter 2 hd come on the hard drive, or is there a code to retrieve it?

Reason I ask, is I already have a 120gb that I intend on using with it.

astrofool wrote: »
    Does streetfighter 2 hd come on the hard drive, or is there a code to retrieve it?

Reason I ask, is I already have a 120gb that I intend on using with it.

It's highly unlikely that it would come preloaded on tho the hard drive. I vaguely remember reading a post somewhere, perhaps here, that you get a redeem code scratch card that allows you to download it once and then it's linked to that gamertag. So, in effect, you can download it to whatever hard drive you want, just make sure you use your own xbox live account, in case you ever require to download it again.

This is my understanding but I'd like to get a second opinion just to verify that I have the details right.

It's highly unlikely that it would come preloaded on tho the hard drive. I vaguely remember reading a post somewhere, perhaps here, that you get a redeem code scratch card that allows you to download it once and then it's linked to that gamertag. So, in effect, you can download it to whatever hard drive you want, just make sure you use your own xbox live account, in case you ever require to download it again.

This is my understanding but I'd like to get a second opinion just to verify that I have the details right.

Yep, it's definitely not pre-loaded. It has to be downloaded from Live with the code on the included card.

Incidentally I've a spare code for this on sale on Adverts.ie if anyone's interested.

Advertisement