Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 or Meteor??

• 26-03-2009 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭

What would peoples preferences be between the two. I'm currently with O2 and wanting a change. I have ordered a SE C905 from the net so it is unlocked so I can choose between the two networks.

From looking at the various price plans it looks like Meteor narrowly comes out cheaper but I've heard about some Planet 3 thing 3 has on their network. What exactly is this and would this be a factor at all when deciding which network to pick?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Have either of them got 3G coverage where your based...

i'm going to say 3, everyone else is going to say Meteor:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

s_carnage wrote: »
    What would peoples preferences be between the two. I'm currently with O2 and wanting a change. I have ordered a SE C905 from the net so it is unlocked so I can choose between the two networks.

From looking at the various price plans it looks like Meteor narrowly comes out cheaper but I've heard about some Planet 3 thing 3 has on their network. What exactly is this and would this be a factor at all when deciding which network to pick?
    What is your usage like? Do you call, sms, browse the Internet a lot?

Based on the information you’ve provided, I’d recommend Meteor over 3. 3’s customer care is ridiculously bad; a point to remember if you have any issues. If you decide to port from 3 to another operator, then you will most likely be in for a headache too; as The Gambler 101 is currently finding out.

-Phuqer- wrote: »

Just a side note afaik a lot of stuff won't be available to download on Planet 3 as you don't have a 3 branded phone and customer care are usually quite reluctant to help you out too.

he should be fine if it's a c905, they support it....shouldn't need any help from cc....planet 3 and the apps should work...

Rsaeire wrote: »
    Based on the information you’ve provided, I’d recommend Meteor over 3. 3’s customer care is ridiculously bad; a point to remember if you have any issues. If you decide to port from 3 to another operator, then you will most likely be in for a headache too; as The Gambler 101 is currently finding out.

that's a crock of crap and you know it.....a port could have been delayed on any network....as for Gambler still not having his vodafone number working is as much his own fault as any of the networks....

• Advertisement

that's a crock of crap and you know it.....a port could have been delayed on any network....as for Gambler still not having his vodafone number working is as much his own fault as any of the networks....

3 and porting is synonymous with problem. 3 have always been slow with porting numbers in comparison to the other networks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Planet 3 has news and video clips such as comedy or rte news or sport etc. It's where you check your credit and buy add ons too

They have some basic mobile tv

MSN and skype are free I believe (skype to skype and to non-irish numbers)

Some kind of gambling

Some of the stuff is free but I think you have to pay for most of it now.

You can get an internet add on of 1GB for €10 a month

They'd be great if they gave a sh!t about their customers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Thanks for all the replies. At the moment I use my phone mainly for calls and texts but would probably be using the internet on it more when i get the new phone. I do have Wi-Fi in my house so I'd probably use the internet through that anyway. I would be using skype and MSN a good bit I suppose but if I was on Meteor would i not be able to use these applications though Wi-Fi?

In addition, how exactly do you come around to this conclusion?
    as for Gambler still not having his vodafone number working is as much his own fault as any of the networks....

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the replies. At the moment I use my phone mainly for calls and texts but would probably be using the internet on it more when i get the new phone. I do have Wi-Fi in my house so I'd probably use the internet through that anyway. I would be using skype and MSN a good bit I suppose but if I was on Meteor would i not be able to use these applications though Wi-Fi?

If you're using Wi-Fi you would, Sam was just advising you of the free services available on 3 in comparison to Meteor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

How do you make out that its his fault? Its vodafone and threes fault!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

3 and porting is synonymous with problem. 3 have always been slow with porting numbers in comparison to the other networks.

This is totally untrue. I have seen peoples numbers being ported in 20 mins, with up to 2hrs being the norm for 3. The porting in the other thread would not be typical of any network including 3. All the networks use the same porting system and 3 is no different. They are not manually porting the numbers so they are no different from any other network.

Walkman wrote: »
    This is totally untrue. I have seen peoples numbers being ported in 20 mins, with up to 2hrs being the norm for 3. The porting in the other thread would not be typical of any network including 3. All the networks use the same porting system and 3 is no different. They are not manually porting the numbers so they are no different from any other network.

I don't intend to get into a discussion over this, but, in my opinion, 3 are nowhere near the other networks when it comes to porting. I understand you have a different opinion to my own, so we're going to have to agree to disagree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

I don't intend to get into a discussion over this, but, in my opinion, 3 are nowhere near the other networks when it comes to porting. I understand you have a different opinion to my own, so we're going to have to agree to disagree.

Is that not the purpose of posting on a discussion board?? :D:D

Is that not the purpose of posting on a discussion board?? :D:D

Knowing when to hold back from engaging in a pointless back and forth discussion is clearly something that escapes you. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Knowing when to hold back from engaging in a pointless back and forth discussion is clearly something that escapes you. ;)

One can only pray for your level of enlightenment :cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

I have an unlocked Se v640i. Using a 3 sim . Would it be easy to set-up and use on 3 ie download setting use services etc. As i use the net a lot and use it with Meteor via Opera mini at the minute and getting good speed and streaming via m.youtube.com works great!

Advertisement