Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visas for Russia, Mongolia and China

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 hellotoyou123

There is no Mongolian embassy in Ireland but there is a honorary consul based in Bangor, County Down. You can apply for the visa here at a cost of 40GBP.)

Could you explain a little more how you got the visa. I have details for the HC, but it seems as though you can't get through on the phone and the address I found just leads to a house. I'm not sure what really what to do. I got details of address etc from this site. http://www.infomongolia.com/ct/ci/167/133/

Has anyone else got a Mongolian visa sorted out through Bangor?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Has anyone else got a Mongolian visa sorted out through Bangor?

Usually Honorary Counsels don't give out visas - they're a contact point for Mongolians that might have an emergency in Ireland. You should use a visa service with the embassy in London. Travcour could do it for you

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 206 ✭✭Creachadóir

Sorry, I was misinformed about getting it in Bangor as a travel agent here in the south told me that I could do that... You can only get the Mongolian visa via the UK. Trailfinders or VisaFirst will sort it out for you. Expensive though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 hellotoyou123

Just a little update on the Russian, Chinese and Mongolian visa's.

I processed my Chinese one no problem in a number of days at their embassy, you can pay for it on collection. Processed in 4 days, you can get a day express but the lady told me that this would only be in an emergency.

The Russian one also I had no problem once you have your invitation letter and accommodation letter in order. This one you have to pay for at the time, €100. I would say that get there early in the morning for processing, it can get quite busy in that little room. Processing time again around 4 days.

I'm using Trail Finders for my Mongolian one at the moment. Expect it back in 2 weeks, 10 working days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

Have managed to book a month off work next May so just wondering if anyone knows what the up-to-date is with visa applications? Planning on doing the trans Mongolian from st. Petersburg to Beijing so will need Russian, Chinese, and Mongolian visas. Can they all be arranged in Dublin and for an end of April departure when should I apply? Any advice warmly welcomed. Also any advice on internal travel in china much appreciated. May take a trip to Chengdu, so any ideas on getting there from Beijing or indeed tips on places to take in en route would be great.

Many thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Very informative thread! I just sorted out my Russian, Chinese and Mongolian visas recently so I thought I would post for which may be helpful to others.

I didn't sort my Russian visa in Ireland so I can't help you there.

Chinese visa applications are done on Merrion road. It's pretty straightforward with the application form and a passport picture. You also have to provide evidence of leaving or entering the country. A hostel booking email will suffice. If you have forgot that you can print at Bewleys hotel (1e for 7mins surf with with printing included!) You have to pay via bank draft or postal order and have a receipt for them for collection.

Mongolia has a consulate here in Dublin but to sort a visa you now have to go to London (I went to DSE as the thread said it sorted it... but they don't deal with applications any more) The embassy is in London (Kensington court - High street Kensington tube stop) They ask for a bank transfer so try and do this before you go into the embassy and get a receipt. I had to go to HSBC and do a cash transfer. For 60 pounds you can get the visa done in the same day.

Hope this helps someone! :)

Advertisement