Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,979 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Carl's mother was quite nasty to him

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dixiedan

When Phil gave the 500 to Denise, and asked how long would that last for BB for Shirle, did she really say 2 months :confused:

FFs , thats less than a tenner a night!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

dixiedan wrote: »
    When Phil gave the 500 to Denise, and asked how long would that last for BB for Shirle, did she really say 2 months :confused:

FFs , thats less than a tenner a night!!

that would be rent supplement not actual rent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'm sick of the B+B.

Just a lazy plot device.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

is it just me or could anybody else imagine the old actor that played bobby going on the way the new actor is, i now see why they change characters etc

This Tony story seems interesting, the last one was entertaining at least.

I guess Tiff and Bobby will run away together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

What happened Whitney?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Neeson wrote: »
    What happened Whitney?

ah here

• Advertisement

A V A wrote: »
    ah here

Seriously though! I don't look at the show but came out there and seen her sitting in a pub I think with some lad. He was saying something to her, she looked worried and then he started eating a burger.

What's the story there? They do all these deaths and what not but weight isn't something you see often in these soaps. It's particularly relevant now with the whole baby weight thing with Kate Middleton.

What happened Whitney?

She got a letter from someone who abused her when she was younger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Seriously though! I don't look at the show but came out there and seen her sitting in a pub I think with some lad. He was saying something to her, she looked worried and then he started eating a burger.

What's the story there? They do all these deaths and what not but weight isn't something you see often in these soaps. It's particularly relevant now with the whole baby weight thing with Kate Middleton.

Whaaat?

IvySlayer wrote: »
    She got a letter from someone who abused her when she was younger.

That explains it so. Stress related weight gain I suppose you'd call it.

(I was wondering why she gained the weight since I last saw her. It seems its part of the storyline about her abuse)

That explains it so. Stress related weight gain I suppose you'd call it.

(I was wondering why she gained the weight since I last saw her. It seems its part of the storyline about her abuse)
    What's with the weight obsession?

• Advertisement

What's with the weight obsession?

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

Why do you seem obsessed with
    - weight issues being brought into story lines (not sure what you mean tbh)
    - kate middletons weight loss
    - Whitney gaining weight because she got a letter?

Why do you seem obsessed with
    - weight issues being brought into story lines (not sure what you mean tbh)
    - kate middletons weight loss
    - Whitney gaining weight because she got a letter?

No. I was wondering why she gained the weight.

Someone said that she found out she was abused so I assume she out on the weight because she was stresses out.

I was talking about Midfleton because of the fuss about her baby weight. So I suppose this is a good storyline to have because people put on weight. It's also good that she agreed to it as well because all these people in soaps shouldn't be slim or too slim.

No. I was wondering why she gained the weight.

Someone said that she found out she was abused so I assume she out on the weight because she was stresses out.

I was talking about Midfleton because of the fuss about her baby weight. So I suppose this is a good storyline to have because people put on weight. It's also good that she agreed to it as well because all these people in soaps shouldn't be slim or too slim.
    Did she agree to it or did the actress just gain weight? Whitneys weight always seemed to fluctuate, I don't think there's got to be an underlying cause for it, is all.

There's far too much emphasis placed on weight in the media and real life, as it is, tbh. Kind of refreshing not having it being centre of a story line on the soaps too

Surely Whitney couldn't get a prison visit to see Tony her abuser :confused:

• Advertisement

Did she agree to it or did the actress just gain weight? Whitneys weight always seemed to fluctuate, I don't think there's got to be an underlying cause for it

Yeah I dunno that's why I was wondering to begin with. She blew up since I saw her and thought your man eating the burger had something to do with it. She looked sad when he was eating and she wasn't.

The actress who plays Whitney was suspended from the show for a month for being late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yeah I dunno that's why I was wondering to begin with. She blew up since I saw her and thought your man eating the burger had something to do with it. She looked sad when he was eating and she wasn't.

I think she has a good body, a lot more attractive than Lucy, now she really could do with eating a burger.

Why is Ian so down on Bianca (he is her Uncle) after all Jean and Shirley were there too

I think she has a good body, a lot more attractive than Lucy, now she really could do with eating a burger.

Googled her. Yes. Her head looks big. And it still looks big after she lost weight but you can see bones sticking out of her back!

Some say she's anorexic. Others say she's bulimic. Some say she's naturally like that. I don't think so though. The head doesn't match the body.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Googled her. Yes. Her head looks big. And it still looks big after she lost weight but you can see bones sticking out of her back!

Some say she's anorexic. Others say she's bulimic. Some say she's naturally like that. I don't think so though. The head doesn't match the body.

I'm not being harsh but, please be quiet about peoples weight. It's a stupid topic and offensive.

They're actors/actresses, they live real lives too. Talking about there weight has zero relevance to the story line or anything.

I'm not being harsh but, please be quiet about peoples weight. It's a stupid topic and offensive.

They're actors/actresses, they live real lives too. Talking about there weight has zero relevance to the story line or anything.

True. I asked because I thought that Whitney one blew up for a role. But it's probably the pill or something.

No harm

True. I asked because I thought that Whitney one blew up for a role. But it's probably the pill or something.

No harm

Why can't you accept that someone gained weight without it having an underlying cause? How do you know she's on the pill? You sound as though you don't even watch the show only once in the blue moon.

Why can't you accept that someone gained weight without it having an underlying cause? How do you know she's on the pill? You sound as though you don't even watch the show only once in the blue moon.

That's it I don't. Just seen she was blew up since I last noticed her. I just though it was part of the show. But ye seem to think it isn't. That's all I was asking. And sure there's a cause for everything. Whether she gained it for the show or not there's a reason whether it be eating too much, not exercising,etc.

But that's the matter now. I dropped in to ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Bianca would you shut up?!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Sharon and her son Denny deserve a good slapping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭markomuscle

i'm sure it's been mentioned before that Shona McGarty is a dead ringer of Amy Lee from Evanescence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Anyone else think That Tony king is
    still Alive, would be in witness protections?

i

i'm sure it's been mentioned before that Shona McGarty is a dead ringer of Amy Lee from Evanescence

people think I look like Amy Lee too and I would die from mortification if that meant I looked like Whitney.

What's wrong with looking like Whitney?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why is Ian so down on Bianca (he is her Uncle) after all Jean and Shirley were there too

Really :confused: I never knew that!

people think I look like Amy Lee too and I would die from mortification if that meant I looked like Whitney.

Ah here now! Whitneys not that bad :D

Really :confused: I never knew that!

Pete Beale is both David Wicks and Ian's father

Ah here now! Whitneys not that bad :D

She reminds me of that Charlotte one, one half of the scissors sisters :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Pete Beale is both David Wicks and Ian's father

David Wicks is coming back to the square

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

The Whitney/Tony story-line should be much better than the Ian/Jean/Bianca restaurant fiasco story!

Mugatuu wrote: »
    The Whitney/Tony story-line should be much better than the Ian/Jean/Bianca restaurant fiasco story!

I don't see where they can go with it TBH, he is dead now.

Anyway it seemed a bit strange that she was the one he abused yet she was allowed to just walk in and ask to see him...

God that Denny is a right little spoilt brat, and peroxide miss piggy thinking he can do no wrong.

AT LAST, :D:D:D the news we all be waiting for

EastEnders' executive producer Lorraine Newman leaving soap
    EastEnders' executive producer Lorraine Newman has announced that she is leaving the soap after 16 months in charge.

Newman has been part of the BBC show since joining as a script secretary 23 years ago, rising through the ranks to take on the top job in 2012.

EastEnders' former series story producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins will be taking over as executive producer.

Revealing her decision, Newman said today (July 29): "I have loved every moment of my time at EastEnders, but it is finally time to leave Walford.

"Over the past 23 years, I have been involved in some of the best moments on British television, from 'Who Shot Phil?', to 'You Ain't My Mother!', to the 25th live anniversary episode and in the past year, the Olympic Torch episode has also been a proud highlight.

"Over the past year, I have also had the pleasure of planning and implementing the revival of many of the EastEnders clans who should always be at the heart of the show. I am confident that I am leaving the show in a stronger place and am sure that Dominic will continue to build upon this, taking the show to a new level.

"I am delighted to be joining BBC Drama Production as an executive producer and look forward to the new opportunities and projects this will bring."

Kate Harwood, Head of BBC Drama Production, added: "I want to thank Lorraine very deeply on behalf of the BBC for the work she's done on EastEnders over many years.

"From the beginning her love of the programme and her attention to detail has been part of the warp and weft of life in Walford, and for seven years her work as series producer drove quality and provided great strength at the core of the show.

"Since early 2012, Lorraine took on the job of executive producer and led from the front the team she knows so well, both to Bafta glory and Christmas ratings success. EastEnders will miss Lorraine very much indeed but I am delighted she is joining the Series and Serials side of In-House Drama as an executive producer."

EastEnders' new boss Treadwell-Collins worked on the show for four and a half years from October 2005. He was originally senior story editor but went on to secure the post of story producer in 2006.

During that time, he created the characters of Ronnie and Roxy Mitchell and Shirley Carter. He also worked on a number of memorable storylines, including Syed Masood's struggle with his sexuality, Ronnie's secret daughter, Stacey's bipolar disorder and Archie Mitchell's murder.

Since 2010, Treadwell-Collins has been working as Head of Development at production company Lovely Day.

Speaking today, he commented: "You never really leave EastEnders - and for the past three years, the characters have all stubbornly stayed in my head. I'm sad to be leaving Lovely Day, especially at such a fertile time for the company, but am excited about the challenge of taking the helm of Britain's greatest drama.

"It is an honour to follow someone as talented and experienced as Lorraine and I'm looking forward to building on her work and taking this iconic and essential show into 2014 and beyond, as we look to EastEnders' 30th anniversary in 2015."

I wonder who be axed first :D

also bring back Diederick Santer and John York

Who I think might be on a axed list!
    Masood, AJ, Tam, Alice, Joey, Poppy, Ava. Dexter and Sam

Also Daran Little returns to EastEnders as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

that whitney is a little minx,how old is she supposed to be?

• Advertisement

Kat calls Roxy "Essex" but has she looked in the mirror herself at all :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

who was your man that gave Whitney the note if Tony is dead?

casio4 wrote: »
    who was your man that gave Whitney the note if Tony is dead?

Your man was his cell mate. He could have died between him trying to convince Whitney to take the letter and her asking to visit.

Ronnie Mitchell is returning, not sure when though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

I'd suck the farts out of Whitney bumbum

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement