Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cookie33 wrote: »
    who's adam and danny??

this means that there will be no young people left in it

Adam - Libby's fella in wheelchair

Danny - Roxy and Ronnie's brother

Both are muppets so no real loss

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Adam - Libby's fella in wheelchair

Danny - Roxy and Ronnie's brother

Both are muppets so no real loss

ah i know now. This shows how much they actually impact EE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Libby, Lauren, Adam and Danny are leaving also

Stacey and Jean are the only real loss imo

Zsa Zsa Peggy, Stacey & Jean are the major losses for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Libby, Lauren, Adam and Danny are leaving also

Stacey and Jean are the only real loss imo

Yep - I agree. Although I do like Chelsea too - have grown used to her I suppose. Danny will certainly be no loss - I get annoyed everytime I see him! I wonder who'll make an ass out of Roxy next???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

Ah Stacey & Jean..that is a loss. I agree with you guys, the others I can live without. I'll miss Peggy too but we've known for so long that I'm used to the fact she's leaving!
    I won't really miss Chelsea..I feel like the writers don't know what to do with her half the time..she seems to be half dating these guys (not all at once!!) who are interested in other women! That's all that comes to mind when I think of her storylines!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

I've just watched mondays and yesterdays episodes. 90 minutes I wont get back.

The worst episodes in a while I thought. Why they had to introduce Mercy for i don't know. She's nearly worse than Fatboy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Is it ture Wilmot Browne is coming back?

Epicurus wrote: »

The worst episodes in a while I thought. Why they had to introduce Mercy for i don't know. She's nearly worse than Fatboy.

It would have been best if a serial killer took out all of them in the woods

I like Mercy, I thought they were quite good, I loved the E20 lot :) I love Fatboy :D

I didnt watch the E20 stuff so is Mercy exactly Fatboy's girlfriend or relative

• Advertisement

Wilmot?

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Is it ture Wilmot Browne is coming back?

Yes, he finds Shirleys (Carter) cat and brings it back along with Reg Cox ;)

I didnt watch the E20 stuff so is Mercy exactly Fatboy's girlfriend or relative

Close friend, bordering on girlfriend. He helped her when a guy messed her up and got her pregnant, she miscarried. (Fatboy was going to help her bring up the baby)

EastEnders bosses are to refilm some parts of Lucas Johnson's story following the recent prostitute murders in Bradford.

During next week's episodes - which were planned months ago - man of the cloth-gone-bad Lucas (Don Gilet) was to be seen visiting a local red light district and picking up a call girl named Jade.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a223152/eastenders-to-drop-lucas-prostitute-link.html

When is the Body under the tree going to come up?

What an excellent question!! I'm getting sick and tired of that Lucas freak. He's done so much now that people are beginning to lose track of it all. Dont forget he killed the dog as well - I hate and detest him for that!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Gibson101

EastEnders bosses are to refilm some parts of Lucas Johnson's story following the recent prostitute murders in Bradford.

During next week's episodes - which were planned months ago - man of the cloth-gone-bad Lucas (Don Gilet) was to be seen visiting a local red light district and picking up a call girl named Jade.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a223152/eastenders-to-drop-lucas-prostitute-link.html

That's very noble of them. I'm sure its hard to re-work scenes, as these shows always film weeks in advance and I'm sure it would of been difficult to air them, as the bradford killings are so fresh in people's minds.

Gibson101 wrote: »
    That's very noble of them. I'm sure its hard to re-work scenes, as these shows always film weeks in advance and I'm sure it would of been difficult to air them, as the bradford killings are so fresh in people's minds.

Would there have been extra pressure on them to do so however; in light of Coronation Street cancelling their episodes this week.

Would there have been extra pressure on them to do so however; in light of Coronation Street cancelling their episodes this week.

No I think it was planned before..I remember reading about them reworking those scenes a while ago..

MidlandsM wrote: »
    When is the Body under the tree going to come up?

This summer I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

What did Lucas get upto Friday night? I missed it:mad:

Sam Mitchell returns to Eastenders
    Actress Danniella Westbrook will once again return to EastEnders as Sam Mitchell.

The 36-year-old - who recently finished fourth in this year's series of Dancing On Ice - makes her comeback in the summer for a handful of episodes.

Little is known about the circumstances surrounding Sam's reappearance in Walford, other than that she is released from prison harbouring grudges and "a big secret".

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a223766/westbrook-reprises-eastenders-role.html

I think it is either for Peggy's exit or Minty's one or maybe both :eek:

I love how EE can never do realistic characters in prison, they get out so easily!!

Ben & Lucy to be recast

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3002246/EastEnders-actors-Melissa-Suffield-and-Charlie-Jones-to-be-replaced.html

Ben to leave for a while, come back as a different actor but it seems Lucy will be replaced straightaway.

It's a bit harsh for young actors to have to cope with this sort of thing but it does appear to happen in the majority of soaps. If that young lad playing Ben is so upset over this happening it's probably an indication that he's not really mature enough for what he is doing so the EE bosses may, in fact, be doing him a favour. Kids need time to grow up normally and it sounds like Ben might benefit from some time away from the camera.

Tanya Turner is staying around longer as her contract is extended

Tanya Turner is staying around longer as her contract is extended

Her name isn't Tanya Turner, it is Vanessa Gold ;)

angel01 wrote: »
    Her name isn't Tanya Turner, it is Vanessa Gold ;)

Sorry but she is basically playing a character just like Tanya again maybe without the coke binging and attempted murders and sex romps but its early days for her :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i like that new girl that had all her stuff emptied out in the street and then met darren ahhh shes gorgus and seems so nice :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

A V A wrote: »
    i like that new girl that had all her stuff emptied out in the street and then met darren ahhh shes gorgus and seems so nice :D

Ah now come on!!!!

what :p she is so nice man lover her already

So it looks like they're going ahead with the prostitute story ( looking at this weeks tv highlights) but how did Lucas know that Jade (I think) is a prostitute?? It just showed her arguing with a guy that could've been her boyfriend:confused:
    I wonder why they're replacing Lucy & Ben with different actors...maybe the pressure is too much for the Ben actor but Lucy's actress seems old enough to handle it yet too young to want to pursue other roles.

And Sam coming back is a major yawn for me! Her last appearance annoyed me, I don't know why, It just didn't work for me. I much prefer the actress who replaced her.

Oh & another thing!!
    Shirley...for God's sake give that woman something to smile about:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I feel sorry for the young actor playing Ben getting axed, especially as it will surely be tough for him to see another actor playing "his" part. Terrible blow to one's confidence at the tender age of 13.
    I'm not as sorry for Melissa Suffield, who plays Lucy. She's apparently been sacked partly because of her unruly behaviour- getting drunk in nightclubs, displaying very "don't you KNOW who I am!?" behaviour.
    But I think they're both very good actors and sad to see Charlie Jones being described as "inconsolable" by the news, aw. :(

Posy wrote: »
    I'm not as sorry for Melissa Suffield, who plays Lucy. She's apparently been sacked partly because of her unruly behaviour- getting drunk in nightclubs, displaying very "don't you KNOW who I am!?" behaviour.

:eek: Wow she's starting early!

• Advertisement

greenie wrote: »
    So it looks like they're going ahead with the prostitute story ( looking at this weeks tv highlights) but how did Lucas know that Jade (I think) is a prostitute?? It just showed her arguing with a guy that could've been her boyfriend:confused:
    I wonder why they're replacing Lucy & Ben with different actors...maybe the pressure is too much for the Ben actor but Lucy's actress seems old enough to handle it yet too young to want to pursue other roles.

And Sam coming back is a major yawn for me! Her last appearance annoyed me, I don't know why, It just didn't work for me. I much prefer the actress who replaced her.

Allegedly the girl who played Lucy was constantly going to nightclubs etc and wouldn't listen so they sacked her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

It's a shame the girl who played Lucy got herself axed as she was a decent actress. The boy who played Ben is no loss imo. Thought he was terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Eastenders picked up quite a few awards at the Boards.ie Soap Awards - Go see who won what - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055935086

jodie thats her name :D the new one i hope shes sticking around for a while :D:D
    would you say she will??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

A V A wrote: »
    jodie thats her name :D the new one i hope shes sticking around for a while :D:D
    would you say she will??

The new blonde girl? she seems incredibly annoying already, can't see her lasting.

• Advertisement

the mother and daughter act . . i hope the daughter (jjodie) stays around not the mam grrr annoys me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

It's a shame the girl who played Lucy got herself axed as she was a decent actress. The boy who played Ben is no loss imo. Thought he was terrible.

She seems to be decent all right.

As for Ben, I suppose he's going to magically come back as a hardman teenage tearaway. :pac:

people of boards please dont take this in offence ok but it came to my attention when i was in the mams house that the lad playing ben is coming across camp or is portraying it to far to be sumthing else maybe they want a diferent approach to a another story line to be made later down the line so that opens the gate for some one else could come back as a teenage teeraway as a big bad mitchel etc !! to be honest i couldnt see ben being hard or being a "mitchel" later on and atleast its leaving a nother story line open for later on down the line etc (i didnt mean anything by the remark dont kill me ):D

^^ There were definite signs of campness...I thought they were going to go for a sexually confused,pops not happy storyline but they seemed to quickly change direction! Now that Ben isn't leaving, his character I mean, I think they might go down that route.

thank god thought i was going to be hung for saying that hahaha

ye his character is staying but i dont think the actor is.i thought a whole billy elliot thing was goin to happen "daddy i want to dance " . . .(daddy) " your taking the piss" hahah ive nothing atall against people who like the same sex or what ever but it would being confusing having an actor like the lad playing ben who is coming off as camp for a certain type of character etc do people get me

bens character didnt annoy me i think it was the actor to be honest the way he went on etc

Eastenders hard-man Phil Mitchell will become hooked on crack cocaine in a controversial new plotline.

Fans of the hit BBC1 soap will watch the balding thug spiral into depression and eventually succumb to the deadly drug.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/06/10/crackhead-phil-115875-22323194/

I am delighted to hear that Phil is being given a promising storyline. He is a strong character and has been totally wasted in recent months. I feel he has the potential to carry off this cocaine storyline to perfection and that Shirley, if she is playing it opposite him, will be brilliant:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

angel01 wrote: »
    Eastenders hard-man Phil Mitchell will become hooked on crack cocaine in a controversial new plotline.

Fans of the hit BBC1 soap will watch the balding thug spiral into depression and eventually succumb to the deadly drug.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/06/10/crackhead-phil-115875-22323194/

i assume ben is sent to a youth offenders institue and comes back either gay or all tough and hard. And lisa we know is coming back, so she must take Louise with her.

EastEnders star Rita Simons has revealed that forthcoming episodes of the soap will revisit the relationship between her screen sister Ronnie Mitchell and their late father Archie.

In the BBC soap's live instalment earlier this year, viewers learned that Ronnie (Samantha Womack) had been raped by Archie (Larry Lamb) when she was a teenager. The dark secret emerged as Ronnie had a heated argument with Simons's character Roxy.

Although the storyline has been put on the backburner since the revelation, viewers can expect it to be brought back to the forefront in the weeks to come.

Speaking on This Morning today, Simons confirmed: "It is being revisited and I'm very glad. We've actually filmed it already. Sam Womack was phenomenal. I think she's had to keep replaying - I don't think she gets enough credit for it - this tragic heroine over and over. Just when we think it's over, she's got another revelation, so she was just incredible."

She continued: "It was so important to me that when we shot it - and I'm not a diva and I never do this - I asked the director, 'Please can we do it again?' because I wasn't happy. It was just that important to Sam and I, and I hope we've nailed it."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

What about Lucas, did he kill that girl or what ?

and will they ever discover the lad he buried under the tree...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement