Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Ian is such a hypocrite

Cheating on your wife with a prostitute vs a single man sleeping with a single woman, I know she's like 20 years younger than him but still...

Are you talking about Max sleeping with Lucy?

If that's the case then I think it's understandable the way Ian reacted. What father would want his 20 year old daughter going old with some middle aged man, who is known for sleeping around with other women and is quite sleazy. I know I wouldn't be too happy about that.

Now I know Ian is sleazy himself, but any father would react the way Ian did towards Max.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Anyone else thinks Linda looks hacked? She is only 37 but looks nearly 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Ya Linda looks way older than her husband in it. On the other hand Stacey is looking hot again. Really love that girl

tastyt wrote: »
    Ya Linda looks way older than her husband in it. On the other hand Stacey is looking hot again. Really love that girl
    Stacey did an amazing job of her mental health story going back years ago, she is very talented.

What kind of freakish family puts the rice BESIDE the meat and sauce?
    I always do it and restaurants do it too. You are living in the 70s when people made a well for the sauce.:eek:

eternal wrote: »
    Stacey did an amazing job of her mental health story going back years ago, she is very talented.

Ya it would be good to see her back to her feisty best and let her have some fun again on the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

eternal wrote: »
    I always do it and restaurants do it too. You are living in the 70s when people made a well for the sauce.:eek:

I would send it back in disgust and insist they serve it the proper way!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Don't get why they had a bread-basket AND rice AND salad.
    Bread doesn't go with rice! Well, Naan bread does...but well...y'know it looked wrong!

I wish they'd teach Abi some more facial expressions rather than the one frowning one she uses at every opportunity.

Where's Denise gone?
    Are they turning her into an alcoholic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

• Advertisement

fussyonion wrote: »

that trailer is a week old

Abi dark path Will see her
    set her sights on Ben Mitchell despite the fact he is gay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Abi dark path Will see her
    set her sights on Ben Mitchell despite the fact he is gay

Weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Martin fowler is retuning but as been recasted and now played by James bye

http://www.soapsquawk.co.uk/news/eastenders-confirm-recast-of-martin-fowler.php#results

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Martin returning means more screen time for Sonia :(

Why didn't they have him come back for Lucy's funeral if they were bringing him back anyway? Isn't he Ian's cousin?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I haven't watched EE for years, I can't even remember when it was I last watched. I remember Ronnie's secret daughter getting run over and being so hacked off with how that story ended that I stopped watching then... don't think I've been back since.

Through the magic of the internet I've caught up on the last 5-6 months this past week and I have to say I'm impressed. To be fair I've really only been watching the Lucy Beale stuff, I've skipped over most of the rest of it. What I've really been impressed with was the writing, to be honest. Some of the acting hasn't been anything special, Ian looks like he's trying to push his head into his neck when he's crying, not sure what that's about.... but the writing has been great. They seem to have really taken their time with the grief aspect of it and nailed it. Acting wise I've been super impressed with Ben Hardy who plays Peter, he's been acting rings around Ian since it happened and Peter's scenes with Lauren in the few weeks after the murder were better than anything Ian was involved with. But I digress.... I liked the little things they threw in, like Peter going to sleep with Lucy's coffin and the episode where Lola had to call Ian because Peter wouldn't get up. It was nice to see them acknowledge that sometimes people start to move on but every now and then it comes back and hits you harder than before.

All that said.... I don't really care who killed her. I remember her being such a pain in the neck I'm sure it was a community effort. My money is on the foreign guy running the market with the fabulous hair. Not sure why. As long as it wasn't Lauren or Peter because they're just so adorable together :)

The rest of the bits I've seen make it seem like I hadn't missed anything. Bianca's clan all miserable, Phil getting shot, nobody likes Ben. Maybe they've put all their creative efforts into the Lucy stuff. Who knows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ian is such a hypocrite

Cheating on your wife with a prostitute vs a single man sleeping with a single woman, I know she's like 20 years younger than him but still...

I'm sure Max would welcome Ian sleeping with Lauren or Abi (not), look how Max reacted to Lauren with Jake

Ian is right to be mad and angry at Max even though both are sleazebags

Does Max ever actually light the cigarettes he's always putting into his mouth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Oh god, I'm hoping and wishing the next episode is Linda telling Mick but I know it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Oh god, I'm hoping and wishing the next episode is Linda telling Mick but I know it's not.

I know!! My heart is broken for her

• Advertisement

Everything Mick says sounds threatening, even when he's being lovely to people. It's amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Caprica

Really enjoying Eastenders at the moment, Shirley shooting Phil and making her getaway in the 3 wheeled car was great, pity he lived. Looking forward to the return of Nick Cotton, hopefully Pauline Mc Glynn will put in another appearance.

The copper that is investigating Lucys death and has hooked up with Max has be the stupidest copper ever in the history of Walford, hopefully tonight was the end of her. I wonder what will happend to Deano in the next few months? Is he on his way out of Walford?

Caprica wrote: »
    I wonder what will happend to Deano in the next few months? Is he on his way out of Walford?

The producers swear he's not but I don't see how he can stick around once the truth comes out. It either means they're going to have Linda keep it secret for ages or have nobody believe her once she tells them. Can't say I like either of those options.

Stan isn't too pushed Shirley shot Phil and took off :p

will just please ask Linda whats wrong for the love of god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

What's with Mick in the pink dressing gown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

will just please ask Linda whats wrong for the love of god

sure she's only stopped wearing make up and brushing her her, and appears to be having a breakdown out of the blue what's there for him to notice? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Oh look another scene were Linda is sad.

It's seriously getting boring now!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

What's with Mick in the pink dressing gown

It's awful looking on him. Can't he go to the market and get himself one that fits.

Oh look another scene were Linda is sad.

It's seriously getting boring now!!!

In fairness it's only been a week since she was raped in her own kitchen! Have a heart!

• Advertisement

MelanieC wrote: »
    In fairness it's only been a week since she was raped in her own kitchen! Have a heart!

Has it even been a week? The Wedding Day episode lasted for days, I can't tell how long has actually passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

MelanieC wrote: »

It is getting boring though. For such a close clan the Carters are they are leaving her have a breakdown without even sitting her down for a chat:rolleyes:

Sometimes the closer you are to people the harder it is to talk to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I think Linda played the part very well considering she is a relatively new cast member.

Sometimes the closer you are to people the harder it is to talk to them.

It's obvious she's cracking up so I find it pathetic not one member of her close knit family have sat her down.

I'm guessing all the people sticking up for the current pace of the story are female?

Has it even been a week? The Wedding Day episode lasted for days, I can't tell how long has actually passed.

Yeah a few days have passed but Linda is still in the same tracksuit and clearing having a breakdown which is to be expected after going through something so vicious but it's god awful to watch.

Might record the next few weeks and fast forward her scenes.

I'm not going to get into an argument on the ins and outs of soap stories and all that but I think the fact that so many people have issues with Linda's rape storyline 1 -being shown at all (even though it barely was) and 2 - the slow pace of her dealing with it show exactly why stories like this are necessary.

It's obvious she's cracking up so I find it pathetic not one member of her close knit family have sat her down.

I'm guessing all the people sticking up for the current pace of the story are female?

Mick has, and has called her mom

Don't suppose anyone knows where Lauren's jacket she was wearing tonight is from? I think I saw it on her before Lucy was killed so probably last seasons but..... anyone?

• Advertisement

Is Summerhump engaged to the copper tailing Lauren and Peter?

Why is Alex with Roxy as his wife is a stunner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

I think Linda played the part very well considering she is a relatively new cast member.

She has been in more scenes now since she arrived than Phil Mitchell, Ian Beale, Carol, Sharon and Dot Branning have in twenty years!! :-P

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Summerhump engaged to the copper tailing Lauren and Peter?

I take it her being engaged is news to Max? And the viewers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

How does Max bear the embarrassment of being persistently caught shagging all around him?? ...and his daughters knowing every time. 😳

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I take it her being engaged is news to Max? And the viewers?

I thought she was married. Max knew she had a fella but I think it she her "still" being engaged that surprised him. Oh I really hope she finds out it was Max who reported her. Such a controlling thing for him to do.

Loving Jake on strictly though. Absolutely hate Max,

I have a question. Mick said last night that Linda is 37 (although I think she was 38 when it was her birthday the other week) but if Nancy is 21 that means Linda had her when she 15(16) and Nancy is the middle child, right? So how old was she when she had Lee?

Also, am I the only one who thinks a kids party is a great idea for a 21st?

• Advertisement

Ann22 wrote: »
    How does Max bear the embarrassment of being persistently caught shagging all around him?? ...and his daughters knowing every time. 😳

I think they're all so used to it now it's like their default state. Even when Peter was calling him a dirty old perv Lauren wasn't happy about it but she didn't actually disagree with him either.

When I was catching up on the last few years of the show, via Youtube, I saw where Lauren was in hospital and the doctor was talking to Max and Tanya and she was basically spelling out to them how awful they were as parents and it came as a complete shock to them. It's obviously too long ago for Max to remember that his actions can have serious effects on his kids. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Abby turns out to have been the killer. Lauren turned to drink, Abby turned to murder. Case closed!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I have a question. Mick said last night that Linda is 37 (although I think she was 38 when it was her birthday the other week) but if Nancy is 21 that means Linda had her when she 15(16) and Nancy is the middle child, right? So how old was she when she had Lee?

I thought that too she must of had her when she was 16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

casio4 wrote: »
    I thought that too she must of had her when she was 16

When she was talking to Ronnie the other night she said something about how brave she thought she was having the baby on her own and then started rambling about how herself and Mick were so young when they had theirs but "we had three" so I think maybe Nancy, the army fella and Johnny are supposed to be quite close in age.

Ann22 wrote: »

How does max constantly pull these hot little things?? Can a woman here clear this up please. Is max that much of a stud??

tastyt wrote: »
    How does max constantly pull these hot little things?? Can a woman here clear this up please. Is max that much of a stud??

To be quite honest, even though I spend most of my time wondering the same thing, I could not say with 100% certainty that if I was having a really bad day I wouldn't think about going there myself :eek:

As far as his conquests on the show go I think they're all working through various issues and have little to no self esteem. Yer one Summerhayes is so annoying. She's borderline pathetic. I have no idea how the police work in real life but I doubt they'd let someone like her anywhere near grieving families. I know you need some degree of empathy but she was practically moving in with them all right after the murder. She was a perfect match for Max's controlling pervy self.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement