Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Dean and Stacey make a good couple, shame he is a vile rapist

i think the producers are starting to regret that storyline alright, it was supposed to be revealed by now but they keep dragging it on obviously because other than that plot his character is doing well with the viewers, especially with his interactions with Stacey.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

MelanieC wrote: »
    Yeah,I thought Lauren was a tad overly sanctimonius. You'd think being an addict who almost died herself,she would have some understanding of how helpless & desperate Peter would've felt in that situation.

I wish he wasn't leaving. :'(

Me too. I love him and Lauren together too. It's such a shame they're not going to get to be happy together. They may leave around the same time but I doubt they'll leave together and she seems to be coming back after her maternity leave so even if they do leave together it obviously doesn't last.

hoodwinked wrote: »
    i think the producers are starting to regret that storyline alright, it was supposed to be revealed by now but they keep dragging it on obviously because other than that plot his character is doing well with the viewers, especially with his interactions with Stacey.

I don't think so. I can't imagine Lacey Turner came back just to have a story line where she gets a new boyfriend. She'll be heavily involved in this story now once the truth comes out. I can't see them keeping Dean around after it comes out though. There's a lot of scrutiny on how rape is portrayed in the media now and they'd come for some heavy criticism if they have Linda made out to be a liar or partly to blame for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

They can't forget it though. It will have to come to light eventually. Pity though. I like him and Shirley together, looks like they're finally getting closer.

I don't think so. I can't imagine Lacey Turner came back just to have a story line where she gets a new boyfriend. She'll be heavily involved in this story now once the truth comes out. I can't see them keeping Dean around after it comes out though. There's a lot of scrutiny on how rape is portrayed in the media now and they'd come for some heavy criticism if they have Linda made out to be a liar or partly to blame for it.

didn't she come back for the alfie/kat fire story? and to be fair thats on the backburner now too,

obviously after backing themselves into the corner they have to follow it through but you can see in each episode how Dean is fitting in more and more and the viewers are conflicting on the fact they like him, but hate him for what he did to Linda, but as you say the media would crucify them if they back tracked now, i'd say the writers are kicking themselves at this point in time.

didn't she come back for the alfie/kat fire story? and to be fair thats on the backburner now too,

obviously after backing themselves into the corner they have to follow it through but you can see in each episode how Dean is fitting in more and more and the viewers are conflicting on the fact they like him, but hate him for what he did to Linda, but as you say the media would crucify them if they back tracked now, i'd say the writers are kicking themselves at this point in time.

She was barely involved in the Kat/Alfie story. She had a few scenes here and there.

I don't think they're backtracking at all. I think this was the story they wanted to tell. Rapists aren't always vile perverts who stalk dark alleys and attack random women. Most women who are assaulted it's by someone they know. They fact they're showing Dean as a normal decent person outside of what he did to Linda suggests that's what they're trying to show. I admire them for the story they're doing I just think they have to be very careful with how it plays out once Linda tells someone what happened. Dean doesn't even see what he did as rape and the writers will have to be very careful not to make it look like it wasn't or that Linda is in anyway wrong about what happened to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

The Martin and Sonia stuff seems to random. Why bring him back just to break them up? Granted I was glad when they did because it felt very strange watching them being a couple. He looks way older than her, she still looks about the same as she did a billion years ago.

Poor sad beautiful Peter :( Stupid Lauren, even if he was importing the coke himself he's still a better option than her previous boyfriends.

Totally agree, and the divorce scene last night was so mundane and pointless. It was like the scriptwriters had a character they wanted to get rid of and so just flicked him away like a bogey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,980 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It all comes out at Christmas though

It all comes out at Christmas though

yup they have tacked it onto to the
    shirley is mick's mum storyline
    so we will have a bumper
    Carter family Christmas

I'd never condone domestic violence but that Tina one could do with a good slap. How old is she supposed to be and she acts like she's about 16. Good grief!

Poor beautiful Peter, again :(

I knew they'd bring up the Happy Birthday thing somehow, clever doing it with a musical card.

• Advertisement

Aunt Babe knew Tosh was going to batter Tina over the watch which is why she gave it back to Tosh, she likes to be in control of all the family, could be another Archie Mitchell type

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

can someone explain the peter drug story. missed last few nights

can someone explain the peter drug story. missed last few nights

Peter found out ages ago that Lucy was using and when he couldn't get her to quit he thought he could keep her safe by getting the drugs for her. Ian found out and kicked off basically telling Peter he was dead to him or wished he was dead instead of Lucy, something like that. Lauren then broke up with him. Then it was his and Lucy's 21st birthday, he was very sad about it all so he called the guy he used to buy Lucy's coke from and bought some for himself. He didn't use it until tonight when Ian didn't bother his arse even contacting him on his birthday. Then he put his fist through the Beale's side window when Ian wouldn't talk to him.

as Lauren still got Stacey's key???
    Did we every find out what the hell this is all about??

Driving me mad I need to know

Peter found out ages ago that Lucy was using and when he couldn't get her to quit he thought he could keep her safe by getting the drugs for her. Ian found out and kicked off basically telling Peter he was dead to him or wished he was dead instead of Lucy, something like that. Lauren then broke up with him. Then it was his and Lucy's 21st birthday, he was very sad about it all so he called the guy he used to buy Lucy's coke from and bought some for himself. He didn't use it until tonight when Ian didn't bother his arse even contacting him on his birthday. Then he put his fist through the Beale's side window when Ian wouldn't talk to him.

from that he deserves limited sympathy! why not tell his father, force an intervention? buying her the drugs solves what? yes it means she doesnt have to get them off a dealer but she is still using. if i was ian id be pretty pissed off, whether he is beautiful or not!! they really are making this up as they go along! im sure it will blow over but it will be good if Ian and peter began to hate one another and Peters life spirals a bit out of control. much prefer watching the Beales than the Carters

from that he deserves limited sympathy! why not tell his father, force an intervention? buying her the drugs solves what? yes it means she doesnt have to get them off a dealer but she is still using. if i was ian id be pretty pissed off, whether he is beautiful or not!! they really are making this up as they go along! im sure it will blow over but it will be good if Ian and peter began to hate one another and Peters life spirals a bit out of control. much prefer watching the Beales than the Carters

Peter said he knew there was no point in talking to Ian because he never listens. He probably would've flown off the handle and had Lucy locked up or something. Which I think is pretty accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭davidrowe

I thought it was pretty harsh the way people generally rounded on Peter for being Lucy's conduit to the drugs. I think he was absolutely right that he should be the one to supply them to her rather than some dodgy dealer.

Eastenders is amazing at the moment so good so gritty

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Good episode last night. Good acting from Tina at the end too.

davidrowe wrote: »
    I thought it was pretty harsh the way people generally rounded on Peter for being Lucy's conduit to the drugs. I think he was absolutely right that he should be the one to supply them to her rather than some dodgy dealer.

its still also natural they would have that reaction. her drug taking probably was one of the details linked to her death in some way or form id imagine, its the butterfly effect. and an intervention is always the best solution. its not as if she didnt have some sense and with the help of others she may have realised this. i didnt see the scene but from what i gather it was a no listen response when they heard. im sure they will listen when they reflect on it but its only natural to be angry with the extreme secrecy of it all in my opinion

its still also natural they would have that reaction. her drug taking probably was one of the details linked to her death in some way or form id imagine, its the butterfly effect. and an intervention is always the best solution. its not as if she didnt have some sense and with the help of others she may have realised this. i didnt see the scene but from what i gather it was a no listen response when they heard. im sure they will listen when they reflect on it but its only natural to be angry with the extreme secrecy of it all in my opinion

This was my problem with it though, that they flew off the handle first. I can't say for sure, obviously, but if I found out someone close to me had been doing that I think I'd be too shocked to have any real reaction immediately.

I know that doesn't make for great soap viewing though.

"I've been dealing coke to my sister!"

"Right. Well... that's a surprise. Let's all take two minutes to absorb that then we'll sit down over a cuppa and talk this out. I want to get all the facts before I decide how I feel about it and/or take any drastic measures"

DUFF!DUFF!DUFF!!!

• Advertisement

With secrets, lies, happiness and new beginnings, 2015 gets off to an explosive start for a few of Albert Square's residents - for all the wrong reasons… & After the events of New Year's Day, will things ever be the same again?

Murder Maybe Dean is Killed & Stan Dies ?

This was my problem with it though, that they flew off the handle first. I can't say for sure, obviously, but if I found out someone close to me had been doing that I think I'd be too shocked to have any real reaction immediately.

I know that doesn't make for great soap viewing though.

"I've been dealing coke to my sister!"

"Right. Well... that's a surprise. Let's all take two minutes to absorb that then we'll sit down over a cuppa and talk this out. I want to get all the fuacts before I decide how I feel about it and/or take any drastic measures"

DUFF!DUFF!DUFF!!!

i think that would be the natural reaction of ian though, keeping his character consistent. he has always been someone who reacts first and listens later. especially with his kids. you see that with his relationships also. very much a me me me man. so when he hears his son was the one dealing drugs to his daughter (and the fact that the chaos of his lice means shock value rarely hits him anymore!) he is going to fly off the handle imo!

people like Carol, Mick, Massood, Dot may be different as they have calmer personalities but Ian is naturally excitable

Ian and Lauren should be still mad at Max too as he was a dirty sleazy bag sh*gging Lucy

i think that would be the natural reaction of ian though, keeping his character consistent. he has always been someone who reacts first and listens later. especially with his kids. you see that with his relationships also. very much a me me me man. so when he hears his son was the one dealing drugs to his daughter (and the fact that the chaos of his lice means shock value rarely hits him anymore!) he is going to fly off the handle imo!

people like Carol, Mick, Massood, Dot may be different as they have calmer personalities but Ian is naturally excitable

Fair point. This was why Peter said he didn't tell Ian about Lucy using coke in the first place. He would react first and think about it a month later. So it is in keeping with his character that he'd react like that.

Lauren though! What are you thinking, girl?!? Assess the situation. Is he your cousin? No. Is he married with a kid and a drink problem? NO!!

Aunt Bebe is so awful to let that happen to Tina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

So why isn't anyone calling the cops to report Tosh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

This annoyed me, that they just kind of broke up and deemed themselves "not good for each other", rather than tosh being an abuser and reporting her. If it had been a male beating a woman they'd probably have had at least one person advising her to report tosh I'd say. Bit strange

I have zero interest in this Nick Cotton storyline

Sonia should have, Tosh was threatening with her too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Tasden wrote: »
    This annoyed me, that they just kind of broke up and deemed themselves "not good for each other", rather than tosh being an abuser and reporting her. If it had been a male beating a woman they'd probably have had at least one person advising her to report tosh I'd say. Bit strange

One of them did suggest it but Aunt Babe said it wouldn't do any good coz Tosh is a firefighter & them & the police have each others' backs.....

She did tell her mates on the force about Alfie starting the housefire that time...

Poor Linda. My nerves come at me just from watching her! :'(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

The f**king cheek of Tosh saying to Mick " you wouldn't hit a woman, would ya" . Wanted to smash the face off her then.

So sorry for Linda. Please please please tell Mick soon.

OMG Eastenders Christmas Trailer Amazing!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02f3lg9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I have zero interest in this Nick Cotton storyline

With a bit of luck he'll flush Ian's head down the toilet.

That Car Crash look fantastic

Mutha Carter looks very like Dot

My eyes! MY EYES!! Eastenders really ought to warn us before they air scenes like that of Sharon :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Mutha Carter looks very like Dot

does anyone know the actress's name? I know her face from lots of stuff and want to google her name

casio4 wrote: »
    does anyone know the actress's name? I know her face from lots of stuff and want to google her name

Linda Marlowe,Australian actress. Apparently she was in Tinker,Tailor,Soldier,Spy a few years back? Didn't see it myself. She does look familiar tho. I think she has a look of Rainie!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Linda Marlowe,Australian actress. Apparently she was in Tinker,Tailor,Soldier,Spy a few years back? Didn't see it myself. She does look familiar tho. I think she has a look of Rainie!

Fs Raine is good looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I didn't see that either but she still looks familiar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,781 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Can someone summaries whats being happening over the last 2 months. Last saw the episodes before Nick was coming back and when Peter asked Lauren to marry him and who killed Lucy (latest suspects).

Thanks!

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Can someone summaries whats being happening over the last 2 months. Last saw the episodes before Nick was coming back and when Peter asked Lauren to marry him and who killed Lucy (latest suspects).

Thanks!

Nothing really happened in relation to Lucy, really. Denise found Lucy's phone and purse buried at Patrick's allotment and before Ian could do anything about them Ben came to him and told him he had found Lucy's bag lying in the road and was desperate for cash so he took the purse and phone but then realised they were Lucy's so was planning on returning them to her but then she was found dead. Ben then told Jay that he told Ian enough to get him to drop it which implies he's not telling him the whole truth but I can't remember if we know what the whole truth is? I'm still confused about the phone though because she had it on her when we first saw she was dead? Someone else will have to fill us both in on that.

I can't remember when it happened but Emma's former boyfriend and Irish police guy was following Lauren and Peter for a while too basically because everyone was still under suspicion.

Peter was Lucy's coke dealer.

That's about it really, so far as Lucy is concerned. I think.

Shane Richie and Jessie Wallace was on This Morning and Shane Richie said Kat and Alfie will get huge "incredible" storylines from January to June next year.

Shane did most of the talking and Jessie was a bit quiet.

Now there's a surprise.
    Wednesday 7th January-8:30-9:00
    The Police arrive on the Square but who are they looking for?
    Ben finds himself on the receiving end of someone's outburst.

Thursday 8th January-Episode 1
    Kat is left in shock when she receives some news.
    Sharon and Ben find themselves at loggerheads

Thursday 8th January-Episode 2-8:30-9:00
    Stacey tries to get to the bottom of what's going on with Kat.
    Lauren makes a shocking discovery which concerns her greatly-what will she do?

Friday 9th January
    Lauren confronts Max over his suspicious behavior.
    Stacey and Alfie learn the truth about what is troubling Kat.

No Spoilers for the 6th released strange must be something big

&
    Mick is the father of Linda baby

Mama Sylvie is so cruel to Shirley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

Here is my theory about who killed Lucy Beale.

Steven Beale returns to Walford and murders Lucy.

Rationale:
    - He is mentally unstable (was institutionalized)
    - He has attempted murder before (tried to suffocate Pat; tried to shoot Ian)
    - He tried to get rid of Lucy before by persuading her to move to France so that he could usurp Ian's affections. From his warped perspective, with Ian's golden girl Lucy out of the picture he has Ian all to himself.
    - He has motivation to come back to Walford because his biological father in New Zealand doesn't accept his sexuality while Ian was supportive of him.
    - Lucy's things were found in Patrick's allotment. Steven planted them there.
    - Lucy's killer will be revealed during Eastenders' 30th anniversary week. There are rumours that someone will return to the show that week.

Here is the crucial thing which made me think of Steven. Before Lucy is killed, we see flashing lights. This is similar to a scene from 2007 when we see flashing lights just before Steven attempts to kill Ian. This is a little visual hint from the producers. Here are the two scenes on YouTube for comparison:

Lucy's death (starts from 11:00): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkIj_nD2xYI
    Steven and Ian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxRw26MaDWM

From Steven Beale's wiki page:
    "I've had a great time and the character isn't being killed off, so who knows what might happen a few years down the line. There's always the possibility I might be asked back one day".
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Beale#Exit_.282008.29.3B_sexuality_and_Lucy.27s_disappearance

• Advertisement

Lol! Max's face when Emma says they're finished,he's like "oh well,another one bites the dust!" :-D

I actually really like Aleks and Roxy as a couple

Is Jane back full time now then?

Pretty sure she is, yes. She proposes to Ian :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement