Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

The last few minutes of that dreadful The Midwife programme seemed to go on forever! This better be worth the wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

does Mick have to be in EVERY scene?? I half expect him to pop up in the Cottons scene to light her fag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

does Mick have to be in EVERY scene?? I half expect him to pop up in the Cottons scene to light her fag

Alrite luv lemme get that for ya, top notch geezer is me, wont tell nuffink to none about old Nicholas, why dont head to the Vic for a few eh eh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tonight's episode is Cartermania so yes :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Jane is the only person without a Christmas hat at the dinner table.

She did it!!!:eek::eek::eek:

What is Cora's problem?? All a bit vicious attacking an ill alzheimer old lady and pathetic if out of jealousy. bit needless writing if you ask me

Jane is the only person without a Christmas hat at the dinner table.

She did it!!!:eek::eek::eek:

jane 100% killed her. Im putting money on it tomorrow.

Cora is a disgusting pig. Being jealous of witnessing a terminally ill man and an alzheimers suffering old woman being at the same table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

BOOM!
    Quite the finish!

• Advertisement

meh, pretty underwhelming tbh. Was very expected that exact version of events would happen from day one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

What is Cora's problem?? All a bit vicious attacking an ill alzheimer old lady and pathetic if out of jealousy. bit needless writing if you ask me
    Cora is a disgusting pig. Being jealous of witnessing a terminally ill man and an alzheimers suffering old woman being at the same table.

I want to box Cora in the face!

Are Peter and Lauren back together as why else are Brannings and Beales having dinner together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Same old, same old. Anything slightly better than normal service is hyped to death. Really not worth bothering with, I thought Mick was going to trash the Vic as well tonight but I wait another day lol....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Well that reveal was predictable! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

yeah but i was hoping with the hour long episode they would do it half way through and let us enjoy the entertainment. separating the aftermath from it has ruined the whole build up imo.

• Advertisement

I can't believe these people are in charge of what's supposed to be the BBC's flagship. More imagination in a university drama department.

"He's your brother" only in EE so typical

I would have preferred if Sylvie or Babs had told Stan than Mick isn't his son he is Shirley's son

1st half hour waste 2nd half good......crap use of time. Good episode overall

Was really a very poor ending to a year dedicated to the build up. I dont know what I was expecting but that was the whole point. You need an unexpected turn of events. The whole "He is your bruvahhh , you can't kill him" line was so predictable. I thought Shirley believing Dean was unbelievable too, she knows what he is like, she was viciously attacked and harassed by him and she has seen his issues and the issues of other psychotic men.

going by this anti climax tune in in march where on the stalls one Monday morning Donna just mentions to Kush "Oh did you hear what happened over the weekend..... it was uncovered that a random mugger killed Lucy and the Beales are just going to forget about it"

• Advertisement

Jane is now favourite, no surprise. Still worth a bet at 9/2

going by this anti climax tune in in march where on the stalls one Monday morning Donna just mentions to Kush "Oh did you hear what happened over the weekend..... it was uncovered that a random mugger killed Lucy and the Beales are just going to forget about it"

It was probably Donna or Kush tbh ;) SHOCKER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

i think we all know it will be whichever actor decides to leave come the "live" episode time.

if being in every scene is annoying Danny Dyer so much maybe it will be him :p

hoodwinked wrote: »
    i think we all know it will be whichever actor decides to leave come the "live" episode time.

if being in every scene is annoying Danny Dyer so much maybe it will be him :p

they wont do it that way. in fact the person who killed her will have made no reference that they are leaving up to the reveal. otherwise it wil be pointless. i dont know the ins and outs but i anticipate the main suspects ( lauren, jane, peter, jay, abi, nick, denise, ben, massood, les, nick, etc etc) are on temp contracts and eastenders have informed them that they are in the frame. the story is also supposed to roll on after the "reveal" anyway. so it could be later on in the year that culprit gets "caught" . i dont think jane is back for long haul, and she is a big enough character that fans wont consider it a cop out and also a fine actress to pull off the scenes. i can see an increasingly troubled denise getting involved in the story and perhaps being involved in the reveal. Lauren will do a runner i suspect as suspicions grow .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Thought the acting was brilliant tonight especially from lady who plays Linda, thought it was a great episode and I know it was a bit predictable at the end with the whole "he's your brother" line but I still enjoyed it!

First 30 minutes was good then it seemed to drag on until the last 5 minutes ending was pretty meh tomorrow should be much better and how did Jane see Luaren she was not on the square at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

First 30 minutes was good then it seemed to drag on until the last 5 minutes ending was pretty meh tomorrow should be much better and how did Jane see Luaren she was not on the square at the time

She just happened to be looking out the window or something at the same time, how convenient!

Other than the Cora stuff that was actually a great episode, I didn't realise Danny Dyer could actually act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

OK so, for some reason I thought we were finding out the killer last night!!

One thing that confuses me is...how does Stan not know that Mick is not his son??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Gee_G wrote: »
    OK so, for some reason I thought we were finding out the killer last night!!

One thing that confuses me is...how does Stan not know that Mick is not his son??

Shirley and her mother went away when Shirley was pregnant. Shirley's mother returned and said baby was hers. So Stan believes it was his and his wife's baby.

• Advertisement

Is it on tonight? Excited to see the ramifications

Is it on tonight? Excited to see the ramifications

Yes it is 8pm

Jane going around pleasing everyone I think she did it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I hope poor Linda doesn't get forgotten about with everything else coming out now.

stan didnt know?? really didnt know that. i assumed he was in on the cover up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Yes it is 8pm

Jane going around pleasing everyone I think she did it now

I don't think she did the deed but definitely has something to hide.

I hope poor Linda doesn't get forgotten about with everything else coming out now.

I'm sick of her character let her go background.....Stan, Shirley, Nancy and Zsa Zsa were the only Carters out of about 15 rammed at us that I cared about.

can someone give me a breakdown of the ages of Stan, his ex wife, shirley, mick, tina, zza zza, the eldest of micks kids etc. ages dont seem to match up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

can someone give me a breakdown of the ages of Stan, his ex wife, shirley, mick, tina, zza zza, the eldest of micks kids etc. ages dont seem to match up?

It's not what you asked for ... but here is the Carter family tree so it might make things a bit clearer .. it did for me! :) (it's from Wikipedia so apologies if something is inaccurate).

Carter_family_EastEnders.png

It's not what you asked for ... but here is the Carter family tree so it might make things a bit clearer .. it did for me! :) (it's from Wikipedia so apologies if something is inaccurate).

Carter_family_EastEnders.png

you are right..... im well aware the mechanics of the structure! just the ages seem a bit messed up. thanks though.

• Advertisement

Tell me why did Shirley pretend to Mick sister in the first place ? why the big secret ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I think Stan is recently 79 - they had a birthday party for him & he had them thinking he was 80. (Please correct me if I'm wrong on this one, not sure about it!) No idea of Sylvie's age but I'd imagine a few years younger.
    The actress that plays Shirley is 51 so she's probably supposed to be around the same age in the soap. Tina was recently 40, back in the summer I think. Mick is 37, as is Linda.
    Lee was 22 a couple of months ago, Nancy is 21 & Johnny is probably about 19/20.
    I think I remember hearing that Tina had Zsa Zsa when she was 19 which would make her about 21 now too.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Tell me why did Shirley pretend to Mick sister in the first place ? why the big secret ?

She was very young?

NEW EE TRAILER TONIGHT right after Eastenders on BBC 1 teases new years eve

ShazGV wrote: »
    I think Stan is recently 79 - they had a birthday party for him & he had them thinking he was 80. (Please correct me if I'm wrong on this one, not sure about it!) No idea of Sylvie's age but I'd imagine a few years younger.
    The actress that plays Shirley is 51 so she's probably supposed to be around the same age in the soap. Tina was recently 40, back in the summer I think. Mick is 37, as is Linda.
    Lee was 22 a couple of months ago, Nancy is 21 & Johnny is probably about 19/20.
    I think I remember hearing that Tina had Zsa Zsa when she was 19 which would make her about 21 now too.

you see this is my problem. Mick and Nancy are supposed to have conceived three children between the ages of 14 and 16/17. Nonsense.

Lisha wrote: »
    Shirley and her mother went away when Shirley was pregnant. Shirley's mother returned and said baby was hers. So Stan believes it was his and his wife's baby.

As far as I am aware Stan knows the truth about Mick.

• Advertisement

you see this is my problem. Mick and Nancy are supposed to have conceived three children between the ages of 14 and 16/17. Nonsense.

Don't you mean Linda?

Don't you mean Linda?

oops that was meant to be a spoiler for next christmas .......

yeah sorry. i know its biologically possible but its highly unrealistic that social services wouldnt have intervened after one baby, let alone 3. its very bad writing if you ask me. oh and they were supposed to have owned their first pub by the time they were 19!! i mean where did they get the cash! what sort of lending institution would mortgage a pub to a couple of teenagers with 3 kids...... hmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

I think a remember a part in last night's episode where Babe or maybe Shirley said that "Stan still thinks Mick's his son".

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

oops that was meant to be a spoiler for next christmas .......

yeah sorry. i know its biologically possible but its highly unrealistic that social services wouldnt have intervened after one baby, let alone 3. its very bad writing if you ask me. oh and they were supposed to have owned their first pub by the time they were 19!! i mean where did they get the cash! what sort of lending institution would mortgage a pub to a couple of teenagers with 3 kids...... hmmmm
    It's certainly ill-thought through. I mean, would it not have been easier to Just make Mick and Linda say, three years older, and thus make their story a bit more conceivable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

He knows that Shirley tried to drown Mick but that that he is her son. That was the secret Stan was keeping when he first came to Albert Square.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement