Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Well that was crap. :(

I wanted that bitch to burn :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Really enjoyed that episode. A fitting end to her character; emotional and heart warming.

Loved how they got in one final Pat & Peggy bitch/cow moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Phil was like a pirate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

An extra 15 minutes for that! She should have at least worn flats for all that walking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

so sad to see Peggy leaving and poor Phil at the end :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

I think it was all typical soap hype. We've heard nothing for months only how the Vic would burn and characters would be written out and it all boiled down to that - I was very disappointed with it:(
    It wasn't even classic Peggy and it just portrayed her as a sad old woman wandering off into the sunset. I didn't find it touching or symbolic in any way. In fact, parts of it made me laugh:confused: When she said to Sam "my beautiful daughter" and Sam was all scrunched up and looking uglier than ever I thought they must be trying to make this funny:D
    Overall about 2/10 for me - and even I'm not sure where I'm getting the 2 from!

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

I loved ydays episode with the fire but hugely disappointed with tonights episode and it was longer! I really didn't see the need of making it longer as it just dragged out and some bits unneccessary. Since Peggy was the heart and soul of Eastenders, I thought it would have been nice to give her a better exit. I understand the writers want to give her the option of returning for special episodes but they could have made her exit better even if they didn't kill her off.

I was expecting someone to die! :(

Do you know what tonight reminded me of? Davide Tennant's final scenes leading up to the 10-11th Doctor regeneration scenes.

And extended episode, the extra time taken up with long good-bye scenes, long close-ups of the main person's (Peggy, Doctor) tearful, pensive face.

Now if Peggy suddenly regenerated into Matt Smith at the end, then it would have been good. :P

Now if Peggy suddenly regenerated into Matt Smith at the end, then it would have been good. :P

or if a train came past and just as Peggy was walking away, it falls on top of her and kills her.

or as she steps out on albert square waving goodbye to phil a black taxi or bus drives straight into her

Lets just say I was disappionted when she didn't die

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I think we can all agree that that was the stupidest episode EVER.

I was really impressed yesterday, I just randomly switched it on as Phil was arguing with Peggy and I had no idea that was going to happen. That was actally a quality episode, and I thought "bejays maybe eastenders is after getting good" and watched it tonight...

But they certainly made up for that good episode with the shlock they threw out tonight!!! Christ it was like something out of Fair City or something. How incredibly unrealistic and nonsensical was that? I think I'm going to go back to not watching or caring about Eastenders again.

I wonder if the writers of Eastenders are getting old and out of touch with reality or something, with Peggy treating her 50 year old son like a 9 year old, and the producers don't have the gall to fire them and get in some young new writers, because this is just pants, and Eastenders has been rubbish for a long time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

It was very, very disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

What was the point of The Vic being burned down when no one died :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

They had to burn it down so they could redecorate it for HD viewers. The old vic was too 'mock' for HD cameras!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

They had to burn it down so they could redecorate it for HD viewers. The old vic was too 'mock' for HD cameras!

Really i never knew that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

to give peggy a big ending

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Wilmot Brown returns now to the east end and buys the remains of the Queen Vic and rebuilds it and reopens it as the Dagmar.

Well thats one way to redecorate the place:D

eimearcmh wrote: »
    Well thats one way to redecorate the place:D

Oh yeah. Wanna renovate your living room? Blow that **** up!!

Oh yeah. Wanna renovate your living room? Blow that **** up!!

Ah it could get a bit messy! Not great at the DIY so i would probably end up burnin the whole place down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So Ronnie is 5 months preggers and not showing at all and is Jack the daddy :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

thought she would have a little bump aswell

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

did peggy ever wear the same clothes twice. she is always dressed well for an old one

ye iv seen wear the same things a few times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

what is it with everyone getting knocked up so easy on Eastenders........was Albert Square never introduced to contraception!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Jaypurs, that was a load of c**p on Friday night!
    Babs Windsor got to have her self-indulgent scenes with the rest of the cast and we got to yawn our heads off! How boring and stupid was that!
    The whole episode was for their own benefit and the loyal audience got nothing out of it.
    Why didn't they just kill her off in the fire. :mad:

So, we look to the future and Kat & Alfie's return next Monday.
    Fingers crossed it will be more entertaining than recent events!

the promo add for eastenders is gas with alfie and kat

thought i heard sam says darren and jodie got engaged . . . . .when did this happened

and ricky holding the baby with the dirty cloves . . tut tut

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

what's the story with Jack one minute he's up walking around on a walking stick the next he's back in the wheelchair :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

A V A wrote: »
    thought i heard sam says darren and jodie got engaged . . . . .when did this happened

When she was talking to Heather? She said that Darren and Libby had just gotten engaged when Heather had her baby.

• Advertisement

is it just me or has there been so many mistakes lately on eastenders !!!

and they keep changing staceys baby lilly, there has been 3 different babys so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

is it just me or has there been so many mistakes lately on eastenders !!!

and they keep changing staceys baby lilly, there has been 3 different babys so far

They cant keep using the same baby as they are not permitted to do that under work legislation. Often twins are used, which means that the viewer does not notice it so easily.
    You're right about the mistakes tho - I think the whole thing has gone pretty poor lately.
    Also, I don't know very much about drugs, but does Phil seem to have made a pretty remarkable recovery, or is that the way it works?

Shazanne wrote: »
    Also, I don't know very much about drugs, but does Phil seem to have made a pretty remarkable recovery, or is that the way it works?

He seemed very 'together' tonight didn't he. I'm not an expert on drugs but i would have expected to still see some withdrawal symptoms, especially as he seemed so hooked 24/48 hours ago.

Seriously. By the end of the week he'll be clean shaven, wearing a clean shirt (that isn't black) and completely cured.

At the start when he was talking to Ronnie he just looked like he had a bad night, as opposed to a bad 3 weeks. :pac:

Isnt Richard also Minty's real name could he be the real daddy and not Jack or Ricky

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Isnt Richard also Minty's real name could he be the real daddy and not Jack or Ricky

I thought that as well. Also Minty tried to object to the paterinty test. although that could be because he wants to be the dad.

katandalfie.jpg

Thursday 23rd
    Alfie begs Cat to take him back

I don't know if I can cope with Kat and Alfie.

• Advertisement

^^^ Jaysus she looks rough.

charlie had me in tears there abit :( he is sucha good actor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Anyone else think Eastenders is extremely sexist .... I mean the male characters don't seem to have a brain cell between them? :o

charlie had me in tears there abit :( he is sucha good actor

Me too at one stage I thought he'd get a heart attack

So Ronnie knew Jack was daddy and told Sam to lie - Surely the EE writers wont have Jack having 3 Mitchell babies :confused: He really has super sperm :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I'm raging Ronnie was 'in on it' and covered up Jack being the dad! Why can't she just have a happy life damnit lol :D

Jack being the dad of 3 is silly, maybe he's not the dad of ronnies??

Cathooo wrote: »
    I'm raging Ronnie was 'in on it' and covered up Jack being the dad! Why can't she just have a happy life damnit lol :D

Jack being the dad of 3 is silly, maybe he's not the dad of ronnies??

So could the daddy be of Ronnie's baby?

• Advertisement

probably ricky or minty . . . .now that would be funny and a head melter :P:D

probably ricky or minty . . . .now that would be funny and a head melter :P:D

Darren or Max :p

Darren or Max :p

god foooowk sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Libbys dad Owen? Or was that disproven? or is he dead too long? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭Popsy

Cathooo wrote: »
    Libbys dad Owen? Or was that disproven? or is he dead too long? :D

No, he's dead too long. She was pregnant for Owen but Archie pushed her and she fell she lost the baby.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement