Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Thursday
    Billy confronts Jay about the drills and defensive, he says he did it to help with Billy's money problems.
    With the wind knocked out of him, Alfie puts the note back where he found it. At the hospital, Michael is moved when the sonographer announces that he and Kat are expecting a boy. Michael begs Kat to leave with him, but she once again declines. Elsewhere, a despondent Alfie heads to The Arches to ask Phil if he can get out of the contract for The Vic. When Phil states he will not get his deposit back, Alfie rethinks his plan. After bumping into Dot, Alfie offers to help collect donations for the church fete. Sensing something is wrong, Dot forces Alfie to confide in her, and he realises that he wants to stay with Kat because he loves her.
    Back in the caravan, Kat throws the note and money at Michael, who warns her that Alfie will never be happy about raising another man's child. Michael says that he's booked two seats on a flight to Spain for the next day if she changes her mind. On seeing Michael leaving the caravan, Alfie's mood darkens. He heads to the caravan, where Kat tells him the truth. As they argue, Kat is crushed when they decide to go their separate ways. That evening, with nowhere else to turn, Kat tells Michael she will go with him to Spain. The pair walk through the Square and Kat sees Alfie in the window of what would have been their bedroom in The Vic. Alfie is staggered to see Michael holding Kat's hand, and as the moonlight illuminates his face, a tear rolls down his cheek…
    Meanwhile, Jay answers a strange phone call about Billy, so Billy is forced to lie - saying it's about money and nothing to worry about. At the flower stall, Billy attempts to apologise to Jean for his recent behaviour, but ends up in an argument with Stacey. Jay asks Phil about Billy's strange behaviour recently, and Phil reveals that things happened to Billy when he was in care. At home, Billy is furious when Greg finds that two power drills - which have been stolen from him - are in Jay's room. Jay explains that he did it to help with Billy's money problems. When Jay asks about his past in the care home, an enraged Billy rams him up against the wall, thumping him hard.
    Elsewhere, Bianca and Whitney wonder why Billie has not arrived home for his birthday yet, and discover he is at a party in Southend. When Whitney tells Carol, she is desperately disappointed, however Bianca comes up with a plan.

Friday
    As Jay changes into his overalls, Phil is concerned when he notices nasty bruises on Jay's body.
    It's Jay's birthday and Phil notices the frosty atmosphere when Jay ignores Billy. They are surprised when Jay announces that he has dropped out of school and after a confused Phil departs, Billy tries unsuccessfully to apologise for hitting him. At The Arches, Phil reluctantly agrees to a trial day when Jay asks him for a job, and as he changes into his overalls, Phil is concerned when he notices nasty bruises on Jay's body. When Phil asks Billy about the bruises, he's horrified to discover that Billy caused them and violently pushes him against a wall.
    Alerted to the commotion, Jay walks in. When Billy emotionally breaks down, Jay comforts him and finally accepts his apology. Later, curious about Billy's days in care, Jay secretly returns the mysterious call, pretending to be him. That evening, DS Mulligan arrives to talk to Billy about some allegations associated with the home he spent time in. On hearing the name Julie Perkins, Billy storms out of the house.
    Meanwhile, Alfie heads to the Slaters' to pick up a package - it's the licence sign for The Vic with his and Kat's names on it. While planning her trip to Spain over the phone with Michael, Kat fondly reads the sign, which is outside the Vic waiting to be hung. Later, Alfie and Kat have a heart-to-heart in the caravan, and Alfie talks about how they were going to grow old together. However, he is devastated when Kat says that she has made her decision and is off to Spain with Michael. Kat shows her true emotions and breaks down after a heartbroken Alfie walks away. Later, as Michael and Kat load their suitcases into the car, Alfie warns Michael that he'll come looking for Michael if he doesn't look after Kat and the baby.
    Elsewhere, Bianca travels to Southend and persuades Billie to come home, but when he has too much to drink at his birthday party, Carol insists that Bianca shouldn't intervene as Billie is a man who is making his own choices. And as the party continues, flirtatious Kim snogs a gobsmacked Ricky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

what happened to the whole revenge thing with Jane and Ian, have I missed something there?? It seems to be all about the Slaters and Mitchells and the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I'd say it's going to end up with a big Christmas showdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Kid Shilleen

Given my previous feelings this is hard to admit, but, dammit, Alfie and kat were damn good tonight. Seem to have found their voices again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭gidget

I wonder will Alan be making an appearance for Billie's funeral

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Given my previous feelings this is hard to admit, but, dammit, Alfie and kat were damn good tonight. Seem to have found their voices again.

I have to agree with you! I hated them when they came back but I find myself warming a bit to them now:)

gidget wrote: »
    I wonder will Alan be making an appearance for Billie's funeral
    Billie's dad Alan and grandmother Blossom return for his funeral no mention of Sonia and Robbie returning for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

I assume Kat is going to stay with Alfie, they wouldnt have brought her back for a few episodes, would they??

Billy Mitchell
    discovers he has a grown up son that he fathered in the kid's home

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Billy Mitchell
    discovers he has a grown up son that he fathered in the kid's home

I wasn't expecting that!

eimearcmh wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting that!

I'm still not expecting it cause I don't know what the hell it is!!!! Sometimes those spoilers drive me nuts:P How long are they up before they are blanked out?

Shazanne wrote: »
    I'm still not expecting it cause I don't know what the hell it is!!!! Sometimes those spoilers drive me nuts:P How long are they up before they are blanked out?

Theres an icon you can click that will blank it out. The original poster blanks it out as not everyone wan'ts to know the spoilers. To see the blanked out text just highlight it with your mouse and it will appear.....magic:p

eimearcmh wrote: »
    Theres an icon you can click that will blank it out. The original poster blanks it out as not everyone wan'ts to know the spoilers. To see the blanked out text just highlight it with your mouse and it will appear.....magic:p

Thank you so much for that!!! I genuinely had no idea you could do that! And to think I'd been giving out about it for months.......:confused: Now I feel totally stupid!

Shazanne wrote: »
    Thank you so much for that!!! I genuinely had no idea you could do that! And to think I'd been giving out about it for months.......:confused: Now I feel totally stupid!

Ah your not! Sure it took me a while to figure it out too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I have been pressing quote and you can read the spoiler then:o now I just have to highlight it, thanks :D

• Advertisement

Rumoured Christmas Spoiler
    Kat and Ronnie's babies gets mixed up at the hospital and one of the baby dies, Charlie dies and Kat names her baby son Charlie

Oh god this is so sad :(
    Poor Whitney. :(

It is kind of annoying the way everyone always reacts with surprise when someone mentions the police. :rolleyes:

I think Bianca played it really well when she was on the phone to Carol

You'd think Liam would be old enough to realise something really serious was going on, and wouldn't start bitching about how Monopoly is boring :rolleyes:

Oh, there you go.

I thought Billie just turned 18. :confused:

1988? He's not 22, is he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,589 ✭✭✭baldbear

Why didn't billy put on his sock?

the doctor would have taken the sock off when he examined him

Why would Billie have a picture of himself as a baby in his wallet? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

thought tonight was good , i couldnt believe lauren laughing!?!?!?! i know she brought that bag of drink and all

carol gave it to him for his birth day with the wallet

A V A wrote: »
    thought tonight was good , i couldnt believe lauren laughing!?!?!?! i know she brought that bag of drink and all

I guess it was the mix of disbelief, shock and confusion.

Pretty much the same reason why Carol was running round writing letters or something and freaking out about the bookies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

casio4 wrote: »

Why?

Lux23 wrote: »
    Why?

Something to do with the colour pigmentation, the nails, particularly.

It could give some indication into the cause of death.

well he would have given him a quick exam to make sure no foul play maybe they left the sock off to show us it was a quick check over and the doc hadn't time to put it back on

Well, no...They left the sock off so there could be the dramatic and touching scene with Carol at the end. :P

• Advertisement

Very powerful episode tonight - East Enders at its best. Carol played it brilliantly. It really brought home the pain there must be in losing a child.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

How and why did billie die..... sorry if its in here...cant find it..

did you not watch it ??

A V A wrote: »
    did you not watch it ??

Please..... dont make me reveal a smart answer......:D

Does it matter....

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭SportsGreatest

We don't actually know yet, but he was having a gat party for his birthday and he was dead the next morning. So it's alcohol related anyway.

Please..... dont make me reveal a smart answer......:D

Does it matter....

Thank you

it wasnt a smart answer tho :confused:?????
    sorry

We don't actually know yet, but he was having a gat party for his birthday and he was dead the next morning. So it's alcohol related anyway.

I knew i had not missed much... The kids bed time so watching it in between...

Thank you

its in few threads back , jp liz put it in a spoiler!! its alcohol poisoning, or he choked on his own saliva etc there were 2 storys going around :)

I knew i had not missed much... The kids bed time so watching it in between...

Thank you

He drank copious amounts of alcohol.

We saw him downing a bottle of vodka and whiskey, and severl bottles of beer throughout the night, and he had just come back from some other party before this one.

I just hope they don't turn it into a "whodunnit" drugging storyline :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

When Carol reached down the back of the sofa I thought she was going to find tablets (ecstasy) and she found the wallet instead. I thought maybe Lauren had brought drugs to the party and shared them with Billy. Eastenders was at its best tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭gidget

the sock was hanging off him when at the start when he was found! he was probably too p**** to take it off

Bianca was brilliant tonight! that scene with Carol & Bianca at the table and Carol tellling Bianca she shouldn't have brought Billie home and -felt so sorry for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sandwichboard

:eek:Stunning episode
    The writing, the directing, the acting - stunning.
    That sequence following Carol from the betting shop to the house was perfect - the shock, the feeling of detachment, everything seeming louder and yet somehow further away.
    Everybody's reactions were so spot on.
    I've been a fan of Patsy Palmer for a long time. Her acting was flawless tonight.
    And Lindsey Coulson as Carol was superb.
    Hats off to writer Simon Ashdown, director Jennie Darnell and all the actors. And whoever designed or directed the sound - it was a superb evocation of the strange combination of stillness, disbelief and dread that comes with that kind of shock.
    Wow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Dont normally post about EE but what a brilliant episode tonight. I actually had tears in my eyes :o Sad i know! Really good acting. Carol and Bianca played it brilliantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 lilgirl24

very real i thought. none of the dramatics that soaps usually have with death,really powerful stuff,missed episode before so didnt know what was happening...brilliant acting. imagine it would have been hard to watch for people who have dealt with something like that....didnt get lauren laughing...bit ridiculous

The actress who plays Carol was superb last night top notch acting from her

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

I thought the whole thing was so real!! Powerful stuff. Carol was really good when she was at the bookers - I thought it was odd that Alfie didnt spot or cops on why Carol has to leave the bookers quickly especially when he returned the keys to Carol later.

Bianca's phone call was unbelieviable - really good and scary too!

I kept thinking please put the children away from the house but they end up only put them up stairs!

now we will need a lot of tissues in the next few series!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

i thought last nights episode was fantastic, i loved the scene at the end where nobody talked for a good five minutes so realistic. I cant wait to see tonights episode now. Anyone think billies friends from the past who turned up at the party had anything to do with this?? Also lauren laughing i just wanted to smack her!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Bravo eastenders brilliant I cried buckets
    Bianca and Carol fantastic acting

I have hated that new lauren every since she arrived after last nights episode I could swing for her she cant act to save her life eastenders get the old lauren back.
    nearly 10 million viewers :) best episode ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭gilly0512

I go through different phases with Eastenders, sometimes I love it, sometimes I find it overbearingly depressing, but last night's episode was Eastenders at it's brilliant best. It was superbly done, and while Bianca may be a foul mouthed gobby cow at the best of times, her acting last night along with Carol was incredibly real, hats off to the two of them, and also to the writers.

I agree bianca and carol were superb last night it was a brilliant episode

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement