Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,985 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

EastEnders villain Derek Branning will be forced to face up to his past when his son Joey arrives in Walford.

As expected, Joey will turn up on Albert Square hot on the heels of his sister Alice - sent by their mother to tempt her back home.

When Joey realises that Alice wants to stay put, he resolves to show her exactly the kind of man Derek (Jamie Foreman) really is.

Played by David Witts, Joey is being billed as a charming character who "prides himself on telling it how it is, but is in fact a compulsive liar".

The newcomer also finds it easy to attract girls, but likes to make them feel they have made the first move - even if he has nudged them into it.

Witts commented: "I am delighted to be joining EastEnders after being a fan for so many years. Joining the Branning family couldn't have come at a better time, especially after the recent British Soap Awards wins."

EastEnders' executive producer Lorraine Newman added: "Joey is a fantastic addition to the Brannings and after an explosive entrance onto the Square, he is set to break a few hearts as he campaigns to bring Derek down."

Show bosses announced the casting of Jasmyn Banks as Alice last month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

I'm bleeding sick of Derek saying "faaarrrmmmmlllly" all the time. Go through ye :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

the word faaaaaaaaaaaaamleeeeeeeeee hasn't been used this much since peggy mitchell was around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Have you notice Lan acting a little odd for a while!

Now EastEnders' confirms Ian Beale breakdown plot
    E
    EastEnders bosses have officially confirmed that Ian Beale will suffer a mental breakdown in the coming weeks.

As indicated in recent spoilers released by the BBC soap, Ian's behaviour becomes erratic in upcoming episodes as he struggles under the pressure of his financial problems, troubles with fiancée Mandy Salter, and his half-brother Ben Mitchell's killer secret.

The storyline culminates in Ian (Adam Woodyatt) doing a disappearing act from Walford, sparking concern about his whereabouts.

EastEnders' executive producer Lorraine Newman told The Mirror: "Adam puts in a fabulous performance as a man teetering on the edge of a breakdown, who finally spirals when delivered a catastrophic blow by someone close to him."

A Walford insider added: "Viewers have seen Ian become increasingly frantic whilst trying to juggle his desperate financial affairs as well as many problems within his family.

"His state of mind gets progressively worse over the next few weeks, with Ian disappearing from Walford and his family frantically worried."

Show chiefs worked with mental health charities Mind and Time to Change while devising the storyline.

Time to Change spokesperson Jenni Regan commented: "We hope an accurate portrayal of what it's like to have a mental health problem, showing this can happen to anyone such as a businessman or family man - just like Ian - will help eliminate the stigma and taboo around the issue."

This could be a really good story line!
    About lan to get is own story, with dose not involve getting married!

For last Fews hours i been watching Eastenders 2005 on youtu, aftermaths of den was amazing, i can not believe how much this show as changed then!

I'ts Shame that Grant and Kat did not get together!
    They were great in their scenes!

2005 was really good year, much better then last 2 and half year i think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Tindie wrote: »
    For last Fews hours i been watching Eastenders 2005 on youtu, aftermaths of den was amazing, i can not believe how much this show as changed then!

I'ts Shame that Grant and Kat did not get together!
    They were great in their scenes!

2005 was really good year, much better then last 2 and half year i think!

I agree, this has probably been said before, but I think the soaps are on too often, and I feel that over the last few years with more and more eps to fill the quality has suffered. I rarely watch anymore, and wouldnt dream of watchin an omnibus at the weekends of any soap, whereas before it would have been a treat to catch up in one go. sorry if it's been said before but I dont often read the threads or view.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Karlos_Sparky

Did RTE just make a boo boo and show the same episode as yesterday ? Or have UPC made a mistake ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Phil really disturbed me tonight going for the booze like that and generally losing it. Some great acting has to be said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    EastEnders antiques dealer Anthony Moon is to leave the soap,

The shop manager, played by Matt Lapinskas, will depart screens in the coming weeks after less than a year in Walford.

Lapinskas, confirming his exit, commented: "I'm having a fantastic time working on EastEnders and playing the role of Anthony Moon. Working with David Essex, Tony Discipline and the EastEnders cast has been an absolute pleasure.

"Although I will really miss EastEnders and everyone involved, I am very excited about future projects and what is next for me as an actor."

Pity it's not Tyler that's going, pointless character that adds nothing to the soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

eternal wrote: »
    Phil really disturbed me tonight going for the booze like that and generally losing it. Some great acting has to be said.

over dramatic response for him if you ask me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

His scary eyes at jay were kind of freaky.

I love Abi and Jay together :) Can't really see their relationship lasting when it comes it that Jay knew about Ben though :(

His scary eyes at jay were kind of freaky.

I love Abi and Jay together :) Can't really see their relationship lasting when it comes it that Jay knew about Ben though :(

Is it just me or does that Jay fella look really ill all the time? Maybe he is and i don't know about it. He constantly seems to have a sickly pale complexion.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Birdie086 wrote: »
    I agree, this has probably been said before, but I think the soaps are on too often, and I feel that over the last few years with more and more eps to fill the quality has suffered. I rarely watch anymore, and wouldnt dream of watchin an omnibus at the weekends of any soap, whereas before it would have been a treat to catch up in one go. sorry if it's been said before but I dont often read the threads or view.
    I agree 100%.
    3 nights a week is the most a soap should be on, imho. 4/5 episodes a week just mean more fillers and it's not as good sitting down to watch your favourite episode. I remember Corrie doing 6 episodes a week, that was just madness! :eek:

I love to know what Tanya told Alice about Derek, did he attack Tanya in the past or is he really Lauren's dad?

Kat is back soon
    The latest EastEnders spoiler teasers are out for the week commencing Monday, June 5 and they confirm Kat Moon's return date.
    Kat arrives back on Albert Square on Thursday, June 7. As we've previously reported, Alfie pays a visit to his wife next week and when he returns home a fortnight later, it's with Kat in tow.
    The spoilers show that Kat arrives back shortly after Jean has realised that Michael has conned her, meaning that the pub landlady is likely to be at the centre of drama again from the outset.
    Kat will also make it clear to a disheartened Roxy that her days living at The Vic are over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭cafecreme

I love to know what Tanya told Alice about Derek, did he attack Tanya in the past or is he really Lauren's dad?

Kat is back soon

I'd say she told her about him taunting pat on her deathbed, Tanya confronted.him about it saying he had tormented a dying woman.what I'd love.to know is why pat was so scared of him,I thought they were going to do a child abuser storyline with Derek initially when he was hanging around Liam a lot.

Derek is so creepy. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

Posy wrote: »
    Derek is so creepy. :(

ah gway you know you want him:p

Kim is a hoot she is great character

Why do I think there will be an affair in the future for Denise and Ray :(

Oh, I hope not...

Rose is leaving and Poppy is returning :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Rose is leaving and Poppy is returning :(

ugh can't stand the poppy rubbish.

Oh God, not Poppy! :mad:

I think it might be Denise and Jack.

Posy wrote: »
    Oh God, not Poppy! :mad:

That's a good trade off I think, Rose for Poppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

I've been thinking this for a few weeks! Def see it happening

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

yeah I've noticed Denise flirting a bit with him

I think it might be Denise and Jack.

Denise isnt blonde or a Mitchell

Put a blonde wig on Phil and Jack has a new love interest :p

Put a blonde wig on Phil and Jack has a new love interest :p
    So long as he doesn't go a 'warm blonde' because it would totally clash with his pink skin tone.

i cant stand kims character, its so overdone and just not funny, get rid of her followed closely by 'fatboy' another useless actor and annoying character

• Advertisement

I don't like Kim much- I think she's a bit of a caricature.

hungrypig wrote: »
    i cant stand kims character, its so overdone and just not funny, get rid of her followed closely by 'fatboy' another useless actor and annoying character

Aw Fatty Boy (love with Zainab calls him that) and Kim are great

Aw Fatty Boy (love with Zainab calls him that) and Kim are great

no way............if i had a gun with one bullet in it i would not know who to shoot first they annoy me so much

Who is minding Amy when Roxy is out chasing after Alfie :confused:

I love Kim too. For some reason the scene where she received The OTT sparkly boots from Denise was gas. When I see Kim I laugh thinking of this. Dunno why :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 BeautyFromPain

she's upstairs playing tapes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

The cameraman???!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

God Ian Beale is driving me mental! Poor Mandy!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Badhb

Ian Beale shuffling around stiffly in the dressing gown, as if he is already on heavy duty meds and then goes for a wander.....??

Are they mixing up somebody struggling with mental health difficulties with someone already in hospital?

Its like they (Eastender plot producers) are painting the picture of mental health difficulties of someone acting with the stereotypical notion of what an inpatient of a pyschiatric unit would behave like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Badhb wrote: »
    Ian Beale shuffling around stiffly in the dressing gown, as if he is already on heavy duty meds and then goes for a wander.....??

Are they mixing up somebody struggling with mental health difficulties with someone already in hospital?

Its like they (Eastender plot producers) are painting the picture of mental health difficulties of someone acting with the stereotypical notion of what an inpatient of a pyschiatric unit would behave like.
    Yeah it's totally over the top and difficult to watch!!

ArtyC wrote: »
    God Ian Beale is driving me mental! Poor Mandy!

I felt sorry for Ian tonight :o the actor who plays him is doing a great job

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

The first time he put on the pan the gas was turned off. Then the second time it was left unattended it was still hot but the flame was off again.

So these are people who have left eastenders in last 5 months
    Started of with Pat, Ricky, Heather,Amira, Jane, Kat, MO, Mandy, Bianca , Carol , Liam, Morgan, Tiff, Dot

Will Be living later in next 12 months
    Phil, (2013) Tanya, (2013) Janie, (2012) Jean, (2012)

Also Diane, Ricky Butcher back for Janine wedding and both leave again!
    and Also hear Kat back on screen in next two weeks, Sharon Returns aftr another 7 years breaks, and Poppy also on the way as well.

Anthony Moon leaving too Also Rose is also leaving soon and Afia Masood and now

And now The best news ever!
    Ben Mitchell leaving confirmed! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!
    EastEnders bosses have confirmed that Ben Mitchell will be bowing out from the soap later this year.

The troubled teenager makes his departure from Walford at the end of his current storyline, which has seen him attempting to cover up his guilt in the Heather Trott murder case.

Joshua Pascoe, who plays Ben, is expected to film his final scenes in the summer.

Yesterday, it emerged that Pascoe had been arrested and bailed in connection with an alleged sex assault. However, reports suggest that it was always the plan for the 16-year-old to leave EastEnders as a natural conclusion to the Heather story.

Discussing the plotline, an EastEnders spokesperson told the Daily Star Sunday: "It will come as no surprise to the viewers of EastEnders that the character of Ben will be departing Walford when the truth finally emerges."

Meanwhile, a show insider said: "Joshua was always going to leave at the end of his current contract due to his storyline. There was no way Ben could stay on the Square long-term after killing Heather. But how it all comes out is a closely guarded secret."

Pascoe was cast as Ben in late 2010, taking over from Charlie Jones.

That great news, at first I thought that drag it to Xmas, the looks of it, I guessing the truth be about by late September or early October.

With upcoming euro, Juible , say goodbye to your normal evening viewing!
    Eastenders (I do all 3 soaps).

Friday, June 1
    7.00pm: Emmerdale
    7.30pm: Coronation Street
    8.30pm: Coronation Street
    9.00pm: EastEnders

Sunday, June 3

Monday, June 4
    No EastEnders tonight.

Tuesday, June 5
    7.30pm: EastEnders

Wednesday, June 6
    8.00pm: EastEnders (Hour-long episode)

Thursday, June 7
    7.30pm: EastEnders
    8.00pm: Emmerdale

Friday, June 8
    6.45pm: Emmerdale
    8.00pm: EastEnders
    No Coronation Street tonight.

MON 11 JUNE

8.00 CORONATION STREET (Hour-Long)
    *No Emmderdale or EastEnders

TUE 12 JUNE

7.30 EASTENDERS
    *No Emmerdale

WED 13 JUNE

*No Emmerdale
    7.30 CORONATION STREET

THU 14 JUNE

6.45 EMMERDALE
    7.30 EASTENDERS

FRI 15 JUNE

7.30 EMMERDALE
    *No EastEnders Or Corrie

SOME TIMINGS MAY CHANGE.

Not sure how true this is but
    Ian tells Sharon want Ben did and she tells the police

I didn't realise Phil was leaving. I agree with a previous poster, Fatboy is a useless character, so are Anthony and Tyler. I don't mind Kim she isn't too annoying but I'd like a Fight Club senario with Alfie Moon. The guy is so annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

How did Lucy think Ian went on his 'honeymoon', he was in his pyjamas when she left the house, he couldn't be that quick.
    Why did she leave the house anyway?
    And did Bobby ever get his breakfast

Mas proposes to Zainab again another big fat muslim wedding for the square

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Am i the only one who would like to see
    lucy go off the rails and start sleeping with phil???

Is ben ever going to find out that lolas baby is his??

I thought
    roxy and alfie
    were supposed to have an affair- where did that go???

Derek is starting to grow on me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

I read in a soap mag that ....
    Afia leaves Tamwar to go see the world

Am i the only one who would like to see
    lucy go off the rails and start sleeping with phil???

Is ben ever going to find out that lolas baby is his??

I thought
    roxy and alfie
    were supposed to have an affair- where did that go???

Derek is starting to grow on me:)

Is Lola's baby belong to Ben?

I thought he "couldnt perform"

Some other sites suggest the baby is belong to one of the
    Moon brothers Tyler or Anthony or even Fatboy

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement