Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

I Really looking forward to Eastenders tonight, Can't wait!

It's are last day of work tomorrow and then we go on are Xmas break,

and all the workers have bet £20 (Including me)

I really Hope I am right
    There a chance I could get £100 from co-workers tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Both Kat and Alfie playing a blinder tonight - fair play!
    Oh ---- here it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,978 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

God lord Kat has no standards going with Derek poor Alfie he deserves so much better

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Rosedust84

Oh God Im gonna puke lol

I love Dereks character in it but just...ugh

That little twist where it seemed like it was Max was good - I was thinking well played Eastenders! :cool:
    Bit of an anti-climax when Derek was finally named (even though he was the suspect being suggested by everyone) :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: FFS!!!

WHAT a feckin' HAM!! Whoever thinks that Jessie Wallace can act needs their head read. It's the same gubbins everytime - passive/agressive rabbit-in-the-headlights/screaming fishwife routine.
    And as for the Hammer Horror make-up and finger-pointing...... Next stop Panto.:rolleyes:

No wonder they didn't show the affair lol

Now I need to own my work mates £40 pounds
    3 Guessed it's was Max
    2 said was Del
    I Said it was Jack!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

leahyl wrote: »
    Good God Joey is seriously hot!!

He reminds me of Denis Rickman - also seriously hot!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Good episode but what really let it down was when Derek attempted to light his cigar and failed. No smoke, no puff:(

• Advertisement

Good God Joey is seriously hot!!

You're not wrong! Swoooooooooooooon! :D
    I'm more of an older guy sorta gal, but Joey - Sweet Jesus! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

the suspence of which of the 3 brothers phones was ringing was class

I just cant imagine Derek being all lovey dovey romantic and using rose petals :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

The best one in a long time...Lauren making a complete show of herself :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

I think that Eastenders have ruined Kat and Alfie. Their relationship has become ridiculously implausible.

Did you notice when Tanya was trying to get Lauren out of the Vic how Max didn't help her out but continued having a laugh with the boys, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭neveah

I bet Jessie Wallace was glad that affair happened off-screen!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

It was very much geared towards Derek, not surprised it was him in the end especially as the reveal was so close when alfie barged into the apartment. I knew once he saw the contract it was derek and the phone thing, sure derek gave max the phone. Who would pawn stuff only derek and sponge off money. He took maxs money he owed for goodness sake.

Poor kat and alfie to have to put up with derek. Be interesting how xmas go for them all!!

For a second I thought it was someone else that it might have been kat covering up someone such as stacey's return or something or ryan's even?? As she kept saying it isn't what alfie should been thinking as nothing is going on anymore but once branning showed up on the contract is was obvious that it was derek.

So what happens next!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Alessandra wrote: »
    I think that Eastenders have ruined Kat and Alfie. Their relationship has become ridiculously implausible.

Did you notice when Tanya was trying to get Lauren out of the Vic how Max didn't help her out but continued having a laugh with the boys, lol.

Ya I suppose they have as they were a great couple. The only thing was alfie wasn't giving kat the attention she needed she got that from derek and any other flight of fancy previously!

Maybe derek is more of a hopeless romantic when it comes to a woman he adores. Maybe he felt alfie needed to owe him something? Revenge? Use kat. They had good banter when he first arrived was obvious. Though he kept saying we all love you alfie. The only fella have time to do that be derek as the others have their own women and families to contend with despite them ladies men which probably reveal a lot of secrets this xmas!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It was a bit unrealistic using a double in the beginning who was clearly a 6 footer that towered over Kat in the basement of the pub and now it turns out to be Derek who is only a small fella.

I was hoping it was Max as it would be an explosive storyline to build on once he was found out.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

I loved the last shot of Derek - brazen and unrepentant, lighting up his cigar, as in, "yeah, it's me, what you gonna do about it?"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Imagine letting him near you,ugh hes so repulsive.Kat has really let her standards drop,not that they were high to begin with

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

neveah wrote: »
    I bet Jessie Wallace was glad that affair happened off-screen!! :P

I am almost sure that they used to be a couple in real life :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

I just don't believe that Kat would have even contemplated going near Derek....Jack or Max would have been much more believeable. I can't stand Derek - he has one of those faces you just want to punch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

What an absolute h**r and a liar Kat is!! Jesus, she doesn't deserve to breath the same air as Alfie!

Great performance from Shane Ritchie though!!

morebabies wrote: »
    I loved the last shot of Derek - brazen and unrepentant, lighting up his cigar, as in, "yeah, it's me, what you gonna do about it?"

Someone told me what is supposed to happen so I've a feeling quite a bit will be done about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

I am almost sure that they used to be a couple in real life :eek:

ah what???? more info please

Great performance from Shane Ritchie though!!

Nice to see him so serious and hes actually a very good actor. The minute Alfie said it was Maxs phone i knew it was a set up cos the one who played Tanya gave it away, normally shed be shaking and tears welling up, but there was none of it so for me she gave it away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

ah what???? more info please

Nice to see him so serious and hes actually a very good actor. The minute Alfie said it was Maxs phone i knew it was a set up cos the one who played Tanya gave it away, normally shed be shaking and tears welling up, but there was none of it so for me she gave it away

Sorry don't have any more info - just something at the back of mind that they were a couple years back.

I googled it but it's bringing up all eastenders stuff - maybe I imagined it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

maybe I have been fantasizing about it!

FYP:D

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Best Soap episode ina very long time. From start to finish it has me hooked.

I'm really going to miss Derek...:(

Best Soap episode ina very long time. From start to finish it has me hooked.

I'm really going to miss Derek...:(

Yeah, bad and all as he is he's a great character! :-)

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Yeah, bad and all as he is he's a great character! :-)

He was a great counter balance to Philand was very funny in moments.

But he did have a very dark side. I remember the scene with Michael in the garage. Thst was scary...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

yay something actually happened in ee!!! pity it makes me wretch!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I bet Lauren kills Derek.

Omg that scene in the branning house with Lauren ripping the wedding dress and then falling on the couch and throwing up - classic! She's brilliant!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Derek's heavy breathing and whispery talking makes me glad they spared us from seeing most of the affair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Predictable hed do that tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭wordsmithi

I knew it! Watching them tonight, eeeeeeeeryuck. So glad it was only shown in one episode. Derek cruel with the message on the tape to Alfie. What a nasty little lowlife he is! What did she see in him????????????Roxy and Alfie are going to get together. I bet.

I don't think Derek realised, but that message probably did Alfie a huge favour.

Although I bet ye a round of drinks that there with be a kat and Alfie reunion in about 18 months.

If Kat and Alfie were really meant to be (was the original mystery about 100 years ago when she was going to get married to Andy the crime boss) how can they be truly the perfect match when she is off cheating over and over again with any old git????????????????? EE ruined the true love idea! Tanya and Max back together for good until the next time Max gets bored being the perfect hubby.

I think I've outgrown East Enders. It is just the same old story done with different characters to get the ratings.

• Advertisement

morebabies wrote: »

Can you smoke in UK pubs still?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Can you smoke in UK pubs still?

Nope. Which added to the "And not a single fcuk was given that day" thing he had going on.

Funnily enough when he lifted the cigar away after "lighting it", it was pretty clear that it hadn't been lit at all. No smoke or anything. :pac:

Wish Alfie had punched in the pub in front of everyone like he was going to do with Max when he thought it was him

Alfie was far too polite imho. The best he could say was:"Don't set foot in this pub again" or to translate it another way You are not welcome here. Extraordinary. He should take lessons from Lauren on how to express his emotions. Don't bottle it up inside Alfie. Not healthy!! I would never encourage violence but he could have at least said something a little bit more than "Don't set foot in my pub again". Smarmy Derek goes off with Alfie's wedding ring and turns into Romeo again....aaagghhhhh

EastEnders omnibus moves back to Sundays
    it's will BBC2 from 30th Dec at 11:30Am

Does Derek genuinely want Kat though or did he just want to destroy their marriage by shagging her??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

I was really full sure that Joey was the one Kat was having the affair with....he is afterall another male with the surname of Branning. I think the writers missed an opportunity to use this storyline, and Joey's fling with Lauren could have just been a cover.....

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭_petulia_

Derek and Kat are disgusting. Poor Alfie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Tindie wrote: »
    EastEnders omnibus moves back to Sundays
    it's will BBC2 from 30th Dec at 11:30Am

About time Sundays weren't the same without EastEnders omnibus :)

Tisserand wrote: »
    I was really full sure that Joey was the one Kat was having the affair with....he is afterall another male with the surname of Branning. I think the writers missed an opportunity to use this storyline, and Joey's fling with Lauren could have just been a cover.....

I'm not gay but even I can tell that Joey is a good lookin fella so I doubt he would be too bothered doing the dirty deed with Kat.

Although on second thoughts he did sleep with his first cousin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Tisserand wrote: »
    Yes, I was too! Definitely think it would have been better! Especially after reading the soap mag,they said its a twist that nobody will expect?!!(or something along the lines of that)
    I agree with everyone too, THANK GOD they didn't show the affair! Ewww

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement