Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rescheduling appointments . . .

• 26-03-2009 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I booked a holiday in early March before I knew i would be applying for the psni. As soon as I got my online application away I realized there was a slight chance of the holiday (only 3 days long by the way) colliding with my initial selection test date had I been successful.
    I received my initial selection test details this morning and low and behold, they collide perfectly with my holiday. Sods law I suppose for worrying about it at all. . .
    There is a 'rescheduling policy' in place I know but I'm just wondering. . do I have much chance of actually getting an alternative appointment given my circumstances??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭dark side

You would probabally need to show evidence of your holidays and the fact that it was planned before you applied
    Easy enough to do I suppose if you are flying somewhere or staying in a hotel

Might be a bit more difficult if you were jumping in your car and availing of some friends hospatality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Ali08

Hi brain likesieve!

i'd heard on here before about folks getting alternative medical dates due to holidays and the like, and what with the substance misuse test and all with the medical and time being an issue with that then I'm sure they wont have a problem rescheduling your IST date! they'll prob ask for proof though.

Anyway, you headed anywhere nice????:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Brain_likesieve

Thanks Ali and dark side for the reassurance. I'll get to work on a letter of request and will print off some proof of bookings etc :rolleyes:

I'm going to stay over in London for a few days Ali. Nothing special though. If it comes down to it, it wouldn't bother me that much if I had to cancel. But I hope they can accommodate me. . . don't like wasting money lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 KB-1991

Hi ! Got a question regarding rescheduling appointments as well ! have found myself in quite a situation ! lol

got my IST date (obviously im not going to say when it is, but its not far off) but just realised that i have an assessment at college that day (an expedition) as well...so my situation now
    1) Go to College do my expedition assessment and pass my unit but dont do the IST test and leave college next year having to wait ages to apply again for 1st time to PSNI
    or 2) Go to the IST test and fail my course at college, and then if i dont make it through the recruitment process i'm going to be stuck with no college, no job and another year to wait before i can apply again

Do you think there would be any chance of getting the IST rescheduled due to this and how much notice do you have to give ??

Thanks in advance
    Kellie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭suziesaysso

hey KB

do not miss your college exam for the IST!

Get in touch with deliotte and see what the procedure is for rescheduling. You should be able to send them your exam/class schedule or a note from your tutor saying that you are not available on the allocated date. but don't miss your exam for the IST!

don't bet on anything in this process, nothing is guaranteed until you get the call. so i think its best to carry on as normal until then!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 KB-1991

Thats great suzie !
    got in touch with deloitte this morning there and explained to them the circumstances and that i wont be at college now till after easter and therefore was unsure if i could get to speak to my tutor within that time to get a letter, and they said that if i email them to explain this it should be no problem and they should be able to reallocate a time for the IST
    so all is not lost, after all that panicking about it all weekend ! PHEW ! lol

Advertisement