Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got smart broadband in limerick?

Options
  • 26-03-2009 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Im looking in to the possibility of getting smart broadband and phone at home
    For €40 a month they say 4gb download speed and no contention ratio,
    Was just wondering if anyone here has any experience of smart in limerick?
    My line is serviced by the Castletroy exchange

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Ashfield wrote: »

I'm using smart and its fantastic.
    no contention ratio.
    no monthly down load limit.

I waited an entire year before the local exchange went live, and then there
    were issues where eircom sales reps were calling door to door scaremongering and
    spreading rubbish about the company. They went door to door telling people that
    all smart customers HAD to change back to eircom when it was not true, They
    called to my house and some work buddies houses feeding me some bull**it information.

There have been people who have experienced issues with their broadband
    at the higher speeds due to poor quality of their phone lines?? and they
    needed to be dropped down to 4 or 3Mb speed.

I was one of the first 100,000 customers so supposedly got free line
    rental for life, and have the 4mb service. With NO download limit.
    My Bill (Including all the calls my girlfriend makes ) is about 40-50 Euros a month.

I have not got a clue how they have re-structured prices now but
    from reading about their 4Mb package (which Im on) if I was to have Free line rental
    surely that would mean that I would only be paying 15 Euros for the broadband.
    But Im guessing somewhere in there there is the voice call service buried in fine print.

The Customer service via the phone will be crap but the guys
    that help out on their forums are fantastic at helping people solve any problems
    that they have.

Basically anyone I talked to over the phone or in person when calling door to door
    were totally useless.

Any of the people I dealt with via email or their forums were fantastic,

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

I have Smart broadband and phone for a number of years now. I too got in with the free line rental thing.

No contention ratio, never a single technical problem or down time. I use it for working from home and need very reliable service. Smart have been spot on for maybe 5 years now.

I'd highly recommend their service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Had Smart while living in Alandale, and would - without a second's hesitation - still be with them if they were available in my new house.....but they're not! :(

Still remember the day they told me that they weren't.......

Top-notch service at a great price...if you can get it, go for it (you lucky thing!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

they're currently upgrading the 4mb package to 5mb with a higher upload speed too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Thumbs up for Smart with them for 4 years no problems great connection fast and reliable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭jimbozo

With Smart 3 years castletroy exchange. Same opinion. Great product. Good speeds no hassle. Just confused about the current billing situation. Would recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Ashfield

Thanks for all the replies,
    Ya it sounds very good alright and probably the best value around

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Smart are the business - best Customer Support ever too........

- They also seem to have Smart employees who actively contribute to the support forums in their own time (I know - makes no sense to me either!!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Raiser wrote: »
    ....I know - makes no sense to me either!!!!

It's not sensible - it's just Smart! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭4tothefloor

Ashfield wrote: »
    I have smart, they're excellent. With them 3.5 years now and no complaints. I personally know the engineer for Limerick as well which is handy, not that I've had any issues. Speed is being upgraded to 5MB for free as well from April 1st. You can't go wrong there to be honest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I have Smart also. Im in Dooradoyle and been with them ever since the exchange went live so also got in on the free line rental for life. Also got in on IPTV trial so have an 8MB line for €40 a month. Never had a single problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

I also have smart, 4mb no problems in the past 3yrs whatsoever...and just been told there upgrading to 5mb for no extra charge so I would highly recommend it..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

steveon wrote: »
    I also have smart, 4mb no problems in the past 3yrs whatsoever...and just been told there upgrading to 5mb for no extra charge so I would highly recommend it..

A Euro extra per month I think :)

~B

Advertisement