Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patriots Offseason Discussion Thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Jeebus and when you look at that there is room to bulk up even more. Scary thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

He looks a bit like LT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Great look into the Patriots war room http://www.patriots.com/homepage/ the "Patriots All Access - 5/1/2009" video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

I get ESPN's NFL headlines along with dull stuff like weather, BBC football headlines and college e-mail when I log into my college e-mail account, and one of the headlines from two days ago literally made me laugh out loud:

"New England Patriots' Tom Brady throws, stretches in light rain"

and then on Twitter, Rich Eisen has:

"Think about it. All week long, Lebron's buzzer beater was talked abt as stuff of legend (and it is) & yet, Brady gets the SI cover. In May."

Tom Brady, ladies and gentlemen. Just existing is news when you're that good.

• Advertisement

Greg Ellis has been let go by the Cowboys, probowl the season before last (a cowboy who actually deserved the honour)...he may be passed it but we badly need another OLB

As a comment on PFT said:

The Patriots are automatically linked with every 30+ free agent that comes on the market.

I like the Bengals or the Eagles for him, the Eagles especially have more cap room than they have holes at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Rodney Harrison retires

Looks like he'll join Bettis and company in the NBC studios.

Karlusss wrote: »
    As a comment on PFT said:

The Patriots are automatically linked with every 30+ free agent that comes on the market.

I like the Bengals or the Eagles for him, the Eagles especially have more cap room than they have holes at this point.

We are aslo stuck for quality OLB free agents so expect anytime one becomes available the Patriots will have to have look

I was watching the US Open Golf coverage and I was just coming back and I seen this picture on the screen and immediately thought it was a picture of BB when he was young. Turns out its a picture of Ricky Barnes' dad who played for the Patriots as a punter/kick returner in the early/mid seventies.

4477_1.JPGt2.belichick.si.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

eagle eye wrote: »
    I was watching the US Open Golf coverage and I was just coming back and I seen this picture on the screen and immediately thought it was a picture of BB when he was young. Turns out its a picture of Ricky Barnes' dad who played for the Patriots as a punter/kick returner in the early/mid seventies.

4477_1.JPGt2.belichick.si.jpg

The likeness is uncanny.

Punter/kick returner?!

Karlusss wrote: »
    Punter/kick returner?!

Not uncommon back in the day for Kickers and Punters to play elsewhere on the field. Just look at high school it still happens today. And smaller colleges.

TE Position

Whos going to make the cut?

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2009/07/patriots_te_sna_1.html

I see Thomas getting cut even tho i think he has potential that has been hampered by injury.

Would anybody be suprised if Watson got traded?

Hazys wrote: »
    Would anybody be suprised if Watson got traded?

No he has been a tad inconsistant over the last 2 years and too many dropped passes.

I was thinking when they signed Baker that Watson might be a makeweight in a deal with Carolina when it looked like we were gonna sign Peppers. That didn't happen so I don't expect to see Watson going anywhere.

I think BB sees the position the same way he sees the Running back job, like the one that fits for the play. I think its one of the reasons we have done so well in the rushing game of late as he is not dependent on any one person. Like last year when we lost Jordan, Maroney and Faulk we still had Morris and lawfirm who were able to do a job.

I see the same thing happening at Tight End now with Watson being the no.1 and Baker coming in on 3rd downs/deep red zone plays. Then you got Smith who is a great catcher but not much of a blocker, he can used in tricky plays where the deep pass looks on and he is a shorter option.

Thomas is defintely on the cut line, I think its coming down to how many running backs versus tight ends that will decide if he stays or goes.

At the moment it looks very like we are going to have Taylor, Maroney, Morris and Faulk. After that its a fight between him and law firm for a roster spot.
    As said the guy has had injuries and its a bit early to give up on him.

The other thing is that rule change relating to wedging on kick returns, it means that there is less room for bigger guys so it likely to make room on the roster for the likes of a tight end.

Advertisement