Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you cancel your J1 with USIT???

• 26-03-2009 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

I have paid and booked to go,,,but most of my friends are going island hopping and now im thinking id rather go next year!

job prospects looking fairly **** anyhow.

Is it completely impossible to cancel and get a full refund?

my embassy interview is coming up ..and i dont see anything about cancellations on their website.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

You wont get a full refund anyway. A friend of mine cancelled after paying 100 deposit last year and lost it. I dont know what happens if you have more than that paid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

xniamhx wrote: »
    I have paid and booked to go,,,but most of my friends are going island hopping and now im thinking id rather go next year!

job prospects looking fairly **** anyhow.

Is it completely impossible to cancel and get a full refund?

my embassy interview is coming up ..and i dont see anything about cancellations on their website.

From their terms and conditions
    47.If you have to cancel from the programme you must either confirm this in writing or in person and return your travel tickets, DS-2019, insurance policy and receipt of booking to USIT. Your cancellation will be effective from the date it is received in the office where the booking was made, and the relevant cancellation fees will apply. Please ask for details of cancellation fees at time of booking. Refunds normally take 10 working days from the time all appropriate documentation is received into the Programme Department.

So it looks like you will probably get most of your money back minus their cancellation fee. I cant image it would be more than 100 euro or so.

Advertisement