Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuna Salad

• 26-03-2009 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone what the supermarket deli's put in their tuna salad? there seems to be a magic ingredient Im missing?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

Tipsygypsy wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anyone what the supermarket deli's put in their tuna salad? there seems to be a magic ingredient Im missing?
    Thanks

Called "flavour enhancer". What are the ingredients for yours? Perhaps I can help. Cheers Oliver

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Doolee

Try a blob of tomato sauce with the mayo. My sister swears by it and thinks her tuna turns out just like the supermarket ones. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

yeah, its the tomato ketchup

i used to work in superquinn on the salad counter

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

Seriously? wow, I would NEVER have thought of that! will try it tomorrow and let ye know if it passes the husband test!
    Thans all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

try some cayenne pepper in it too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

...or Paprika

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Saga

I like tuna in many variation.

For example i did last time salad:

Mix leavs, sweetcorn, peppers, egg (hard boiled), cucumber, tomato, black olives, carrots and tuna ofcours :) I added caesar dressing and.... Was excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Keith in cork

have a look for salad nicoise, then vary it by doing tuna nicoise. Only way forward for a summertime tuna salad.

Advertisement