Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peeled Apples - MSP

Options
  • 26-03-2009 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭

The opening track for the New Manic Street Preachers album (Journal for Plague Lovers) got it's first radio airing last night and it's quite good. It's clearly a step back to the late Gold Against the Soul B-Sides and the Holy Bible era music and that's no bad thing.

Wonder how it'll go down with the non-fans.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I really like it, heavy heavy bass.....but I heard the chorus and it was wreckin my head as to where I had heard it before....and it reminds me of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Placid_Casual

I like it, sounds like they're picking up where they left off with "Send Away The Tigers". The bass reminds me a bit of "Mausoleum".
    Can't see it being a hit but who cares, frankly? Is it actuall a single or just an early sampler of the album?

Also, they're playing the Olympia in June apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭savemejebus

No singles from this album (according to interviews). It's just the opening track of the record.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Placid_Casual

No singles from this album (according to interviews). It's just the opening track of the record.

That's cool, I get the impression that they're not too bothered about being as big as they were 10 years ago. Going back to a harder and less commercial sound would suggest this plus they'll always have a large hardcore fanbase.

Another new song from the Journal for Plague Lovers. Jackie Collins Existential Question Time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

The new album has some stonking tracks on it. It's closer in overall sound to Know Your Enemy with plenty of melody there too and some strings as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

I`m really looking forward to getting the new album, I`ve loved the Manics for years now. However, i`m feeling a little doubtful about this one. They`ve raked up Richey`s old lyrics for it haven`t they? They`ve spent the last 14 years flat refusing to do this, I seriously hope they haven`t run out of ideas again, and are just desparately trying to avoid another "Lifeblood".

Yep all Richey's lyrics but the result is absolutely amazing. A fantastic album and from the interviews it sounds like it's rejuvenated them so the next album will be good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

Sounds promising. I'm a bit out of touch though, has the release date been announced yet?

18th of May is the release date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

18th of May is the release date.

I cant effin wait :D Should be good, really like those 2 songs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I`m really looking forward to getting the new album, I`ve loved the Manics for years now. However, i`m feeling a little doubtful about this one. They`ve raked up Richey`s old lyrics for it haven`t they? They`ve spent the last 14 years flat refusing to do this, I seriously hope they haven`t run out of ideas again, and are just desparately trying to avoid another "Lifeblood".

This album has Richey lyrics but they'll be back to work on a new album as soon as they're finished their gigs and festivals. Apparently they've plenty of ideas.....

http://thequietus.com/articles/01583-new-testament-manic-street-preachers-interviewed-about-journal-for-plague-lovers-richey-edwards-and-the-holy-bible

Advertisement