Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Application: I Need a Drink

Options
  • 26-03-2009 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

I thought we had signed the last form for our mortgage application when today our contact at EBS said there was one more form that was holding back the cheque being issued. Our contact said that if I got the form in today then the cheque would be issued today so I wanted to get the form taken care of ASAP but I also had to get it signed by the wif.

This prospect had me breaking out in hives. The wif is not very technologically inclined and I knew that getting her to print, sign, scan and email the form back to me was going to be like pulling teeth. The main programme I use for scanning stuff is GIMP and I probably shouldn't have used that with her but I don't think I have any other scanning programmes. Somehow we finally managed in the end but I think I need counselling. I hope this gets the whole deal moving a lot quicker.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

JJ wrote: »
    I thought we had signed the last form for our mortgage application when today our contact at EBS said there was one more form that was holding back the cheque being issued. Our contact said that if I got the form in today then the cheque would be issued today so I wanted to get the form taken care of ASAP but I also had to get it signed by the wif.

This prospect had me breaking out in hives. The wif is not very technologically inclined and I knew that getting her to print, sign, scan and email the form back to me was going to be like pulling teeth. The main programme I use for scanning stuff is GIMP and I probably shouldn't have used that with her but I don't think I have any other scanning programmes. Somehow we finally managed in the end but I think I need counselling. I hope this gets the whole deal moving a lot quicker.

Yep, mortgage applications are painstackingly slow and stressful . . Believe you me, they seldom go off without delays or hitches.

Some of the mortgage companies havent got proper trained staff, some of the things I have seen would make you laugh (or cry)!

Advertisement