Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do students go out?

• 26-03-2009 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

So where are all ye students going to on a night out? what' s cool at the moment..are 92 and redz not the scene anymore? Diceys and coppers still popular? whta festivals will most students be going to? ****** or electric picnic?

Trying to do some research into student life...bit out of touch with the cool kids these days! any help would be great!

cheers:P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭t0mm

Sin, Bondi, Citibar, Andrews Lane, Tripod, Crawdaddy, D2, Button Factory, Purdy Kitchen, XXI, Redz, Quinns, Coppers, Kennedy's, Burn, Student Bar in UCD, The Pav in Trinity. Not every night of course, most clubs run special cheap midweek student nights. If you want to make them better then make them cheaper. We really don't need any more student nights, we have plenty thanks.

And yeah, most will be going to that one we're not meant to talk about, seeing as it is catered to our age group, unlike EP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ladyface

thanks for that...very concise!

I was also wondering if any of you had any ideas on whether if you got something for free what would be your number one choice? (Apart from fees unfortunately!)

Eg. Free rent for a year
    Free Vip passes into coolest clubs
    Free pizza for a year

Even random things that you might get as a gift from a promotion,
    Eg. free party gear
    traffic cones
    loo role
    hip flasks
    camping chairs, torches etc

Any inventive ideas? All random suggestions welcome!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

ladyface wrote: »

I was also wondering if any of you had any ideas on whether if you got something for free what would be your number one choice? (Apart from fees unfortunately!)

Eg. Free rent for a year
    Free pizza for a year

Eg. free party gear
    traffic cones
    loo role
    hip flasks

go away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

traffic cones
    loo role

:D Id be pissed if that was second prize!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

If you're doing this as part of a college course, g'way and hit the library.

If you're doing this in an effort to establish a club night, **** off - its the mentality of people like you that has completely destroyed nightlife in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Drugs, booze, cash. In any order.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Eg. Free rent for a year
    Free pizza for a year

Eg. free party gear
    traffic cones
    loo role
    hip flasks

Do you work in Marketing perhaps? I think what gave it away was "bit out of touch with the cool kids these days"

Justify yourself quickly or bye bye thread...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭t0mm

No matter what promotion you try, it has been tried before. Even with €2 drinks in citibar on a tuesday night it is cheaper to predrink, so no matter what sort of promotion you run, unless it is a niche idea that won't make much money anyway, you won't make anymore money than if you just had a standard club that caters to your standard crowd. If you want any more info feel free to pm me.

Also students like bright colours and crazy music of any genre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭gags89

ladyface sounds like a hip mom trying to find out where she could pick up a young lad for her cougar ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ladyface

wo very hostile reaction...won't be trying that again.

Didn't mean to be getting on the wrong side of pple, sorry if I pissed you off.

(Not a hip mum either!)

Thanks to t0mm though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭InTranceWeTrust

Students have no taste in music or late-night venues if the "student nights" are a reflection of their preferences. As a student I loathe being dragged out to Trashed in ALT, or Redz on a Monday and the only reason I sometimes agree to go is to score a woman for a night of weird kinky sex.

Advertisement