Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

your opinion of Leupold Mark 4 4.5-14x40mm PR Long Range Riflescope ??

Options
  • 26-03-2009 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭

Hi Can anyone give me your opinion of Leupold Mark 4 4.5-14x40mm PR Long Range Riflescope ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

davy_b wrote: »
    Hi Can anyone give me your opinion of Leupold Mark 4 4.5-14x40mm PR Long Range Riflescope ??

Pretty much all the Leupold stuff is top shelf material, i have'nt used that particular model but have a VXIII 6.5-20x50 target model which is just amazing.

Whats your intended use? if its long range target shooting i would suggest you look at some nightforce optics.

Yes; they cost alot more, but are totally worth every cent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

davy_b wrote: »

The Mark 4 is on power with the S&B PMII and the Nightforce.

If you really have money to spend and you want the best glass money can buy, get a USO SN3 5-25 TPAL or US Optics SN9 ASEARTS (Advanced State of the Art Extreme Range Telescopic Sight) 10-42x80 scope

Chey04.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Blazher wrote: »

If you really have money to spend and you want the best glass money can buy, get a USO SN3 5-25 TPAL or US Optics SN9 ASEARTS (Advanced State of the Art Extreme Range Telescopic Sight) 10-42x80 scope

Chey04.jpg

Thats funky:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

Chey04.jpg

what part of england are you from

Place called Dublin! Its around 373.13 miles west of london

Would like to point out that bit of kit is 5,000+ euro depending on what options you put on it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

Would like to point out that bit of kit is 5,000+ euro depending on what options you put on it :D
    please please give us the details of your rig :D

was that pic taken in dublin ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Gosh do you reckon :)

lets clear something up!

because someone posts a random photo from the internet it dose not mean its them :D!!

That is a guy called Rob Hunter! , That rifle started out as a RPA Rangemaster .338LM but is now a .408 Cheytac

The rifle cost 10k Euro to build, Without the glass :D

thinking it was not taken 373.13 west of london .more the north of england

• Advertisement

jwshooter wrote: »
    thinking it was not taken 373.13 west of london .more the north of england

Indeed!, The bloke has made a few custom rifles, he is a ex UK SF sniper. Sound bloke at that

Anyways back on topic.

If you want a good 1k yard Scope but dont want to spend 2k+ Euro

But remmber you get what you pay for.

I would get

Tasco "Super Sniper" Pick from 4 models: the 10x42M, 10x42, 16x42, and 20x42

or

Leupold Mk4

The Tasco SS will set you back around 400-500 Euro (NEW)

and

The Leupold Mk4 between 700-1200 Depending on model (Cheaper SH and New is more $$ )

Then your talking 1800+ for the S&B and NF glass. I wont talk about USO :D

But just to be clear.

You get what you pay for

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I've a Leupold Mark 4 LRT 8.5-24 Illuminated TMR reticule (bit of a muth full :D).

Great bit of glass no complaints at all b ut I dont shoot out that far ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Malaga2

I have three MK4's all are LR/T...2 3.5-10-40 (M3's) and 1 4.5-14 (M1). All in all great glass w/lifetime warranty. Built really well and takes field use. The PR has the standard Leupold target knobs rather than the M1/2/3.
    The PR scopes are very popular with Police Dept Bolt rifle shooters / benchrest crowd and could be regarded as a "standard".
    Not a USO/Nightforce but with the money saved you can buy ammo and practice...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,048 ✭✭✭clivej

You can pick up the Nightforce scopes in the UK secondhand for about £800 = €880 there about's. A friend got a cracker of one lately for that money.

Advertisement