Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Danish pastry

• 26-03-2009 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Ok, I promised a friend I'd make him danishes, he has a serious danish addiction, But I'm struggling to find a recipe. Anyone can help?
    all help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Nigella Lawson's Danish recipe, another one here. It's a quicker, easier method than the traditional way.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I've also been looking for a good Danish recipe.

Am I missing something, though, or do you end up with raw pastry at the end of that recipe link? What temp do you bake it, etc?? :confused:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Yeah but they're both adapted from the same recipe so the temperatures and cooking times should be the same as the first one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

There are shaping/proofing/baking instructions in the second link, as well as a filling and glaze recipe. Here is a good place to convert accurately from cup to grams for those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I always thought danish pastries were the ones in a swirl with raisens in them and that glaze on top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭trishawisha

Danish pastries is a broad term used to describe a type of dough.
    What you buy in petrol stations...those are danish pastries as most people know them
    They can be filled with what ever you want
    Homemade danish pastries are a million times better than the garage ones because of the lovely butter that they're made with(cheaper products use marg)

Advertisement