Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network drive setup problems

• 26-03-2009 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi, I am trying to set up a network drive. I am using a Maxtor external usb drive with a Sitecom print server. I have connected the drive to my network via the print server. I have set it up in my network places and I can see the drive on my computer. But if i go to save a file to it i keep getting access denied error, drive read only. I have checked the settings numerous times on the print server and tried several different setups but all to no avail.
    If I check the attritbutes on the folder properties the tick box for read only is ticked. If I untick this box and apply the changes then exit and check attritbutes again the tickbox is still ticked.
    Can anyone tell me how I can untick the read only tick box pernamently?
    G

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Gagetman wrote: »
    Hi, I am trying to set up a network drive. I am using a Maxtor external usb drive with a Sitecom print server. I have connected the drive to my network via the print server. I have set it up in my network places and I can see the drive on my computer. But if i go to save a file to it i keep getting access denied error, drive read only. I have checked the settings numerous times on the print server and tried several different setups but all to no avail.
    If I check the attritbutes on the folder properties the tick box for read only is ticked. If I untick this box and apply the changes then exit and check attritbutes again the tickbox is still ticked.
    Can anyone tell me how I can untick the read only tick box pernamently?
    G

I have never seen a Sitecom box, but does it have a section on drive sharing in the config?
    You might need to set it on there as opposed to trying to remove the RO flag in Windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Which Sitecom box is it? What model. The manual I am reading doesnt say anything about being able to support external drives.

Advertisement