Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100% irish Stoves coming soon

Options
  • 26-03-2009 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

Just to let some of you know as it has been asked of me before but an Irish company will soon be launching a range of 100% made in Ireland stoves. They are pushing this end very hard and the only item not being sourced here is the glass for the door.
    I have no affiliation to the company but do plan to sell them in the future as soon as we can stock them. I,ll post more information on my blog.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Deadzone

Bought a Mulberry 2 years ago. Made in Tipp, great quality.

http://www.mulberrystoves.com/about.html.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bobbbb

Will they be priced competitively?

Would hate to see this turn into another rip-off just because its Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭fmcc

Haven't got full prices yet but I think they will be pretty well priced. i have no doubt they will be more expensive than a chinese import but hopefully considerable less than a steel UK equivalent.
    Deadzone we sell mulberry and they are a great stove but are cast in China then assembled in Tipp similar to another very well known Irish brand. My understanding on these is that they will be 100% Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

fmcc wrote: »
    Just to let some of you know as it has been asked of me before but an Irish company will soon be launching a range of 100% made in Ireland stoves. They are pushing this end very hard and the only item not being sourced here is the glass for the door.
    I have no affiliation to the company but do plan to sell them in the future as soon as we can stock them. I,ll post more information on my blog.

Please keep us updated as I'm I very curious what foundary in Ireland makes the Iron Castings?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭manta356

Had to buy a grate for a mulberry yeats,it cost €48.Thought that was a bit steepeek.gif

• Advertisement

manta356 wrote: »
    Had to buy a grate for a mulberry yeats,it cost €48.Thought that was a bit steepeek.gif

To be honest I don't think thats too bad? At least you could get the part which is not always the case for some stoves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Deadzone

fmcc wrote: »
    Deadzone we sell mulberry and they are a great stove but are cast in China then assembled in Tipp similar to another very well known Irish brand. My understanding on these is that they will be 100% Irish.

fmcc I was misled by the salesman then, will have words! :mad:

Good luck with the new range, will be buying another this year so will be interested to see what you have available.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Duly noted.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭PeteHeat

Hi,

I'm not sure the Mulberry stoves are even assembled in Tipperary !

There are lot of stoves made in China on the Irish market, usually they are of good quality and tested to the highest standards.

For the stoves that do meet the standards EN 13240 (and others) there should be no need to try passing them off as made in Ireland or indeed the E.U.

Present it and sell it honestly like the new Irish made stove about to be launched, that way the customer knows what they are buying.

manta356, I agree with ttm the price was fair and unlike some stoves the part was available.

I'd go a bit further than PeteHeat as what I was trying to get at was I don't think anyone can make a stove in Ireland from Irish parts? Mulberry seem to sugest from there web page that they do the Enamelling in Ireland but just like casting that can be a filthy, polluting process fraught with Health and Saftey issues and as China doesn't worry about that sort of thing they can do the whole process much cheaper than anyone can do in Europe let alone Ireland - having said that I did hear the Poland did a good bit of casting and enamelling so you could perhaps make a stove in the EU.

• Advertisement
Advertisement