Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Sale in Kilmeaden

Options
  • 26-03-2009 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Can anyone tell me why so many houses for sale in Kilmeaden...have looked at a couple of lovely homes but, being eternally suspicious, wonder if there could be reasons other than the obvious for selling? Any ideas, or do I just need to take a chill-pill?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 fitzgm01

Lots of new houses built in Kilmeaden recently, developers were getting ready to cash in once the waterford city by-pass is complete towards the end of the year. Current economic climate has changed this a bit but Kilmeaden is a nice village. The new commercial units have helped with Centra and a chinese restaurant (always handy). On the down side some of the local pubs have closed recently. I'd say keep a close eye on the prices over the next few months, migh go down anothe 5% or so if u're lucky:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 eilyc

Yes, think I'll watch and wait for a while, have fallen in love with a couple of houses in the area but it doesn't make economic sense to buy anything right now the way things are going...thanks for your reply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭MGilly84

mite have somethin to do with the lack of amenities in a place thats generally nothing more than a route to waterford city which it wont be for much longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 eilyc

Sounds ominous....what does "it won't be for much longer" mean.............?????

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

eilyc wrote: »
    Sounds ominous....what does "it won't be for much longer" mean.............?????

I assume he is referring to the fact that the route was popular because it brought you to Waterford. Now the bypass starts as you enter Kilmeaden so you do not need to go through the town anymore to go to Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Sully wrote: »
    I assume he is referring to the fact that the route was popular because it brought you to Waterford. Now the bypass starts as you enter Kilmeaden so you do not need to go through the town anymore to go to Waterford.

This will make Kilmeaden more attractive as the traffic will decrease making it a quiter area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sully wrote: »

Kilmeaden barely rates as a village!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

mike65 wrote: »
    Kilmeaden barely rates as a village!
    Yeah, the Irish definition of a village was church, three pubs and a shop. With all the pubs closng in Kilmeaden perhaps it could lose its village status!!!! :):):):)

Advertisement