Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Oral help!

Options
  • 26-03-2009 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Ok so I changed down to foundation level Irish on monday after getting 29% for my ordinary irish pre. So my oral was changed to Friday the 27th March (tomorrow). Thing is I've got no clue what comes up in the foundation oral because my teacher hasn't been in school all week to let me know what comes up. Can anyone give me some advice or tips?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Saffy

ummm... I had my honors oral today and the questions were pretty easy like my area, family, past times etc. so for foundation I presume its just general irish that you'd know anyway like ".....Is anim dom"

sorry, theres no foundation in my school.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Guy in my class doing it. Think you have modules or something. Examiner can't stray away from what is in these modules, i.e. they have to ask the questions that are on the page or something of that nature. Basic stuff I think. You should be grand if you were practising for ordinary level irish oral.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Ah thats ok then. To be honest the oral was the best part of my irish anyway. Does anyone know if i have to read the sliochts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

xFROSTY Gx wrote: »
    Ah thats ok then. To be honest the oral was the best part of my irish anyway. Does anyone know if i have to read the sliochts?
    no you don't...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

My friend who does foundation did his today. They basically him about family and past times, nothing technical.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Its the same as the pass oral but you dont read the sliochts, i think its about 6 mins long

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Ah right. Thanks for all the responses:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

A girl in my year is doing it, and afaik the examiner gets a list of questions and that's all they can ask, as the above people have said they are the basic questions.

Also you'll be going last out of your year for your orals (presuming there's no other foundation level students), just to let you know.

Advertisement