Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Credit Rating apply abroad?

Options
  • 26-03-2009 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I am just wondering if my credit rating only applies in Ireland or can it be accessed by banks abroad.

I have recently moved to work in the caribbean. I had lost my job at home and as a result missed payments and got into arrears on my personal borrowings in Ireland. I'm fairly sure that my credit rating has been adversely affected.

Anyway, now that I am based abroad, I wonder if I apply for a car loan or mortgage will be poor credit rating be able to be accessed by banks here or will the just go on my record in the Caribbean?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭7mountpleasant

No is the short answer, that why foreign instituitions need to see a credit history before extending credit, check icb.ie for more info on the organisations that are members, foreign companies can check stubbs gazzette though

Advertisement