Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reinstalling Windows

Options
  • 26-03-2009 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

Hi i have an iqon laptop, i want to reinstall version of windows the only one i have are the discs i got from dell with another laptop, can this be used to reintall windows on the iqon laptop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 all_nippon

You wont be able to reinstall the Dell Window XP O/S on the iQon laptop.

Depending on how old the iQon laptop is there might be a build in recovery partition,
    Restart the laptop and start pressing the F10 key repeatidly until you enter the recovery partition, (Go for option 3 full system recovery) and follow the steps.

This wont work if you have reformatted the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

thanks will have a look, but it has been reformatted before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Conar

You should be able to use the Dell cd as long as its the same version....Windows XP Home etc

You might find it throws on some Dell software but you can remove them after the install.

I've used a Dell XP Pro recovery cd to reinstall the OS on my IBM laptop.

Advertisement