Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky+HD Box Recall....?

Options
  • 26-03-2009 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

I've a problem with my HD box. In recent weeks, anything I record is flawed - all 'blocky' and completely unwatchable.

I'm just off the phone to Sky and they tell me there is a recall on the box (I've a Pace HD box). They say it could take up to a month to have it replaced but they will offer me a 'deal' at that time.

Has anyone else had this problem/recall? How did it work out?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Wait a month? Jeez, that's a long time. Ring back and insist you can't put up with it that length of time (unless in fact you can put up with it).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I had same a month ago.

I insisted on quick replacement and eventually a guy was booked to come a week later. the engineer let me down with his callout on 3 occasions and then he never showed up until i called Sky a week later.

He came the next day and i then rang Sky complaining and they wanted complaint in writing. I wrote complaining about all the times i was let down and having came home from work etc to be there etc. etc and they just gave me €40 credit to my account.

My replacement box is almost as bad and i think it's a 2nd hand box. the front door is botched on it and this one is extremely noisy even after turning off the anuytime service still noisy.

I rang them again to complain and to express my disatisfaction and they said i could order a "de-install". I sent emails to request this and i also asked to close my account a week ago and heard nothing.

I rang them again today and the chap in Sky said it shows on his system that my closure request is already on his system and i am due for closure on 26th April. I am surprised they closed it due to the fact i originally had the Sky HD upgrade in December 08 which is then supposedly tieing me into another new one year contract.

Anyway bottom line is i will be glad to be rid of it all and if they don't look for the box back ill sell it on Ebay and go the Freesat HD route.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm not too put out by the month's wait, tbh. I don't record that much but I do expect the system to work as offered.

Maybe I'll ring again and impress my point a bit more.....

A quick update.

The box was replaced yesterday. Since then the remote doesn't work 75% of the time. It's the sort of thing that makes you want to fire the remote across the room!

Is there a way of resetting the remote? I did unplug the HD box and rebooted but no luck.

Any suggestions welcomed.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

I got my first SkyHD about 3 weeks ago(Pace) and it was randomly going blank for 1/2 seconds (no change in lights and happened whether live or a recording).
    Tried many things including Turning off the auto off which the cal centre claimed has been proving problematic. In the end go the box replaced last week for an Amstrad model which has been working fine since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

have you tried replacing the batteries?

same thing happened to me before, i was practiclly standing on the remote buttons and it would only work some of the time. a quick change of the batteries sorted it out

dmeehan wrote: »
    have you tried replacing the batteries?

Yes - twice in the original remote and once in the replacement remote that an engineer left. I'm on my third Samsung box now.............in 6 weeks.........engineer due to call on Thursday (the 5th call).

Not happy.

Advertisement