Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Animate still images

• 26-03-2009 10:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe someone here will be able to help.

I took a sequence of shots, of a guy doing a goal celebration. He did a cart wheel. I want to animate the selection of images. I have 12 frames.

Is it best to make it in to some movie clip? Are animated gif files used any more?

What software do I need, or how can I do it all?

Thanks folks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

I have made a gif before using photoshop cs3. Youtube showed me how
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVGyvxek-OQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

There's a few ways of going about this. .Gif's are still used, but be wary of quality/file size when you're going about them. If you have iMovie (Window's Movie maker is there aswell... it's just 'not as good') you can put the stills together and change the FPS to make it quite fluid (25fps is screen quality, though you don't need near this!). Quicktime, WMV and such are probably the handiest formats for Flickr/Youtube

Of course, the other alternate route is to buy a 500D :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Gickr.com (I sh*t you not) does free gif animations, if that's what yer after - it does have their logo on it though, iirc.

Worth a look anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Fajitas! wrote: »

can.
    worms.
    open.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

There is Movie Maker in Windows and also some advice from boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

I'd stay away from Gifs TBH - the compression for photos is awful..

I'd whack them in to Flash meself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Because learning Flash is sooooo easy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Edit:Just clicked the youtube link above

You could go the whole way and get the basic version of Premiere.

Adoe Premiere Elements, £67 or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Fajitas! wrote: »
    There's a few ways of going about this. .Gif's are still used, but be wary of quality/file size when you're going about them. If you have iMovie (Window's Movie maker is there aswell... it's just 'not as good') you can put the stills together and change the FPS to make it quite fluid (25fps is screen quality, though you don't need near this!). Quicktime, WMV and such are probably the handiest formats for Flickr/Youtube

Must have a look at iMovie later this evening.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Quicktime maybe? Although with just 12 frames it'll be a very quick video.

Advertisement