Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bury CC9060 Car Kit

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mr Woods wrote: »

What phone do you have and firmware?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Installed App, but it wont load once installed. Restarted phone and took out battery, still wont load.

EDIT: Okay, don't install to memory card! Installed to phone memory.. the application launches but does nothing... offers nothing? Just loads up a screen with the application name.. Anyway, I tried getting the Burry kit to get the messages but after a good delay even "downloading" them - it tells me I have no messages.

Also tried it on the E71 for the craic but there it refuses to download messages at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Same as me so! Didn't give ya the link Sully sorry, I was posting from the mobile in a pub :) Glad its not just me being inept with technology. If Sully can't work it its broke!

I have emailed Burry there myself and also got in touch with Nokia (who despite telling me I would receive a call, I never did!). Will posts results as I get them.

The guide for this application install and use is poorly worder in areas, especially the last step.

The address I got a reply from is hotline@bury.com

The idea must be that the applet is basically running in the background waiting for communication requests between the unit and the phone. Thats why they say not to exit from it but to hit the home button on the phone, thereby leaving the blue dot beside the applet on the phone installations menu.

Sounds great but didnt work for me either. I hope they fix the applet and then build the code into the next firmware upgrade.

• Advertisement

Latest reply from Bury! I admire honesty! :D
    thank you for your answer. I have no idea. Perhaps there is a problem
    between the software and our applet. I sent your eMail in our
    technical department to check the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Mr Woods

Sully wrote: »
    What phone do you have and firmware?

N95; Version 21.0.0.016

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭h2s

Use this with a Sony Ericsson K660i and it works a treat, the voice commands are dead handy. Be sure to update the Phone to the lastest software for it to work.

One thing though is that the A2DP does not fully work. With the lastest update from Bury I can initiate a music playback from the CC9060 and both the Phone and the Kit screen shows the track playing, but alas no sound from the speakers.

Also the lastest bury update, 1.74, allows the Phone's ringtone to be used by the CC9060, but it doesn't play with this phone.

I have emailed Bury so we will see what they say.

Same problem on the E71 and another SE phone (cant recall the exact model). Iv made them aware but they have yet to reply.

How does one power the CC9060 to update the bluetooth?

How gay. You need a laptop in the car to update the firmware. Troublesome getting it all working!

• Advertisement

In other news.. Nokia finally called me back. Wasn't the most interested/helpful tech guy but basically the bluetooth stack in the E51 and E71 are identical. Its possible that the bluetooth chipset may differ - its an issue with other Nokia phones and their own car kits. So if its hardware fault, it wont be addressed by firmware updates.

Back to square one: clueless. Not sure I can ask for more information as regardless we wont get any unit fixed hardware wise and I cant blame them.

As for Burry.. they have yet to reply.

Advertisement