Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

campervan clubs

• 26-03-2009 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

I asked this question before but ,Would anybody recomend joining a camper club if so which one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Im not a memeber of a club and never have been.......so if there are benifits to being in a club, I dont know what they are. All I can say is that we get on fine as we are......does that make sense???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

We are members of ICCC, and have been for about 5 years now. The best about it is the great craic on actual rally weekends (weekends organised by members, with a set agenda for the weekend) it is a set price per night - we pay €20, depending on your branch, which is a plus too as sites are generally more expensive on non rally weekends.

The kids love it which is another plus, we only see them when they are hungry, or looking for money :D - and they have their friends and generally get on well with all.

Throw in a couple of musicians and 'bobs your uncle' we really do enjoy it.

Every year we debate as to wether to join again or not, but we have again this year, so it can't be that bad. We do our own thing for the summer months and I really enjoy that too :D.

Check out the website www.iccc.ie

Whatever your decision, happy season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭madharry

as I am reasonably new to the camper scene and i feel to join a club might be a way to get to know some people and get there ideas, views , where the best places are to go/not to go and see what other campervan are like .:o:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Your choice is the following (in no particular order)
    www.iccc.ie
    www.imcc.ie
    www.thecaravanclub.ie
    www.motorcaravanclub.com

The first three have regular meets around the country (ususlly every second/third weekend) and certainly a great way to meet people. The last one has one main event during the year.
    Annual fees range approx €30-70 for each club.
    Each club has something different to offer, ie. Breakdown assist policies, full time office staff, Campsite fees reductions, Xmas parties etc. etc

My neighbours are members of ICCC and they speak very highly of it.
    We've gone away with thecaravanclub and also found it to be great fun and organised very professionally.
    We also go away with themotorcaravanclub but feel the events are too infrequent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

Malta1 wrote: »
    Im not a memeber of a club and never have been.......so if there are benifits to being in a club, I dont know what they are. All I can say is that we get on fine as we are......does that make sense???

What would Malta 1 say if he was paying 800 plus euro for insurance and in excess of 300 euro for road tax. If it wasnt for the fact that a club took it upon itself to fight for the benifits of cheap insurance and road tax, he wouldnt be going about in his motorhome now. The day will come again when clubs will have to come to the rescue of their members. The Munster Motorhome Club which was not mentioned were responsible for the first Aires de Service in Southern Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

sunchaser wrote: »
    What would Malta 1 say if he was paying 800 plus euro for insurance and in excess of 300 euro for road tax. If it wasnt for the fact that a club took it upon itself to fight for the benifits of cheap insurance and road tax, he wouldnt be going about in his motorhome now. The day will come again when clubs will have to come to the rescue of their members. The Munster Motorhome Club which was not mentioned were responsible for the first Aires de Service in Southern Ireland.

Hi Sunchaser

I would say "ouch"
    I commend and wish to thank the clubs for sorting the above for all.
    However, as I stated initially, I am not a member of a club and hence do not know what I am missing......but I get along fine.

I just want to clarify that I am not (and was not) trying to knock clubs

Regards

Malta1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭madharry

Thanks sunchaser was wondering do munster motorhome club have a website .I have checked all other websites and am making my decision this week.Some of the websites are quite informative although one has not updated news since march 08.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bimbo

madharry wrote: »
    I asked this question before but ,Would anybody recomend joining a camper club if so which one.

We're all with the Munster Motor Home Club since its started. Great for all age groups. Last year we all did paintballing, now there bringing in free membership for the golden oldies and are also doing lotsa things for charity. Munster Club sure ahead of d others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

madharry wrote: »
    Thanks sunchaser was wondering do munster motorhome club have a website .I have checked all other websites and am making my decision this week.Some of the websites are quite informative although one has not updated news since march 08.

The Munster Motorhome Club website is www.munstermotorhomeclub.com but I think it is down at the moment should be up and running I belive within the next week or so. Should you wish to contact the Hon. Secretary you could try 086-1037503. They are having a charity get together in Youghal this coming weekend and donations are being presented to 5 local charities.

I think Bimbo speaks well of this club.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bimbo

sunchaser wrote: »
    The Munster Motorhome Club website is www.munstermotorhomeclub.com but I think it is down at the moment should be up and running I belive within the next week or so. Should you wish to contact the Hon. Secretary you could try 086-1037503. They are having a charity get together in Youghal this coming weekend and donations are being presented to 5 local charities.

I think Bimbo speaks well of this club.

Hi there, I'm trying to find out how things went at Youghal. Is there any of our friends out there who can tell us. Are there pics or news on the internet or anything?

• Advertisement
Advertisement