Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

driving test centres in cork city

Options
  • 26-03-2009 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

hi all
    SGS the company contracted by the ROAD SAFETY AUTHORITY to carry out driving tests in little island and blackrock in cork are closing there doors on april 10 2009, SGS are no longer contracted after this date and all existing testers with SGS are being made redundant, so all learners will be doing there driving tests in wilton from then on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

Balls... was banking on getting Blackrock to for the easy one. Whats wilton like? Does this mean the waiting list is gonna get longer again? I knew I should have gotten off my ass and applied last month :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭daddymick66

the test in wilton just covers a larger area and takes quite a bit of preperation, get lesons and practice and you should have no bother, best of luck in your test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

Cable, please dont be like the rest of the country and blame the location. either you can drive or you cant it really is that simple. read the books, practice and get lessons and then you should pass it. blackrock wasnt easy they just had lower standards. if you can drive properly ther you can do it in wilton. i passed in wilton. pm me if you want the name of a very very good instructor i know about ten people he thought and they all passed in wilton.

best of luck cork1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

ah no not blaming the location. Just when i was getting lessons it was mostly the blackrock route i practised on. And in comparrsion parts of it are alot easier. Its hillstart for example is a joke. Id also been on the little island one but havent a clue what route the wilton one takes.

just have to get more lessons booked, have a few left over for such an occasion from the hibernian school program. I've just been putting it off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

you should blame the location and do the test in america all you have to do here is drive around a building once in some automatic gaz guzzling crap heap. the more gaz it burns the more likely you are to pass because you are helping the great american economy and everything that is good and opposes terrorism

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

But then you can't get an Irish licence because the US ones aren't recognised.

MC

Advertisement