Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragons Den - March 26th 2009

Options
  • 26-03-2009 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Off we go again..

For anybody who cant see the program, I give a pre-synopsis.

"It's a good idea, I wish you luck, but I'm out"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭iplogger1

Off we go again..

For anybody who cant see the program, I give a pre-synopsis.

"It's a good idea, I wish you luck, but I'm out"

Hilarious ! :) well summarised and observed bang on !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Looks like Cordelia didn't strike a chord with the judges :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Looks like Cordelia didn't strike a chord with the judges :D

I actually shocked that Sean didnt try to come up with some pun on the same lines as that. No offence like ;-)

That Chordelia thing was a bit mad though, looked like one of those code cracking devices they used to have in Bletchley Park during the war (before computers were made). Its a nice novelty item but as a guitarist, it would leave the user with the option to either learn to play guitar properly or else learn to play with the Chordelia. And you would have to learn to strum either way.

;) none taken. I was surprised myself. He is normally pretty damn sharp :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

This show is like all the other British shows that have been Irishised -- Rubbish. That chich annoys me and I doubt she'll ever buy into something..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

Dragons den was a big big mistake,i read in a newspaper(cant remember what newspaper it was) that rte bosses did not get the viewers that they had hoped for,i for one think its on to late at night plus i dont think its a great programme either,i thought when it was being advertised before it came to air that it would be a better programme..but it turned out to be no good...the apprentice on tv3 is way better.....does anyone have the viewer figures for the programme at all,it did'nt say so in the newspaper.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

they should have invested in the mullingar woman safe clean pass thingy

i dont like that essex woman, and i dont think she has any money thats why she turns everyone down

Well surely if RTE wanted to maintain viewers they would actually have people on with charisma as a must, and oh! the product that they actually want an investor for. This week for me is simply *yawn*

I see. Not sure if the broadcast time has anything to do with it though. If a show is good enough 2315 aint overly late to turn in.. Look at Podge and Rodge, I'm not sure of the viewing figures but they are greater than those for DD I'd expect.

She's the token eye candy.. She's about as sexy as athletes foot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

It's very unfair really. These supposed Dragons earned there money in the biggest boom this country has ever seen. And are not investing in anything that has been hit by the recession (construction, cars etc etc, everything really). And they have been laughing off good ideas because of the state of the market. They should remember that that was them with the idea a few years ago, and have a bit of respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

Did ya see bobby kerr with his "i'm out" on his shoes haha.....i might be goin risky here but,i thought that woman with the idea for advertising in the seats of taxis,.i thought it was a good enough idea.....?????.....

This R&D guy actually looks promising. It has some serious potential so far, but the investment sum he is requesting may be his downfall.

I've seen them abroad, she might sell to some cars but not enough to generate the kinda cash these Dragons seem to be after. The Irish market not big enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

jeez 45% given away :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Why oh why is Sarah there? Am I right in saying that she has yet to invest in anything?

Nightwish wrote: »
    Why oh why is Sarah there? Am I right in saying that she has yet to invest in anything?

Yeah, you know I think she is actually the only dragon who has yet to invest.

i think gavin duffy was kicken himself at the end when the other 3 done the beal with darren, has sarah ugly actually invested in anything yet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    all she seems to do is knock peoples ideas

Not once has she dipped into her "vast fortune".. That R&D gu was stung! For only 15k risk to the lads. A bet disguised as a investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

She made an offer on something but was willing to share equity with other dragons.

• Advertisement

maybe next series they will get proper dragons if they dont curt the series

the likes of jp mac and sean quinn and so on

id be surprised if it ran for many more episodes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭li@mo

I think RTE should invest in new dragons.

But for this series, I'm afraid I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,425 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

that van pull out yokey was a brilliant idea!! I have no idea why they didn't show more about it. Sure, it might not be right for everyone, but for a delivery van, they could retrieve their packages without having to crawl into the back of the van every time they stop, and the car companies are always looking for innovative niche designs to make their product stand out from their competitors...

Also, attacking the clean pass woman for not wanting to spell out sensitive pricing strategies live on air was daft. She probably discriminates on price to different clients and would find it very hard to charge a premium to one customer if she had declared on air that the average price was less than her quotation.

These 'dragons' don't seem like they have any idea about business, and I'd be genuinely worried that they'd prove more of a hinderance than a help to the companies they invest in.

poor poor program (plus, count the number of pointless quick camera angle changes in the opening sequence, its enoufgh to make you feel sea sick)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 jayo27

Is Sarah the woman linked to a national hurling star?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

li@mo wrote: »
    But for this series, I'm afraid I'm out.

I'm afarid I'm out too. Removed from my Sky+ last night. First episode was interesting as a novelty item but now it's simply tiresome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭luvlylady

I think this show is going downhill fast. It's so predictable. We all knew they would invest in the last guy because they hadn't invested in anyone else all night. Yawn. Sarah is a complete waste of a Dragon's chair. Not once has she invested. It's like the makers looked at the BBC version and thought 'unpleasant blonde woman with a dodgy mouth, better copy that' and came up with Sarah. Can't stand her. Gavin Duffy is getting more vile by the week. The only two I have any time for are Sean and Niall, the rest can go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

jayo27 wrote: »
    Is Sarah the woman linked to a national hurling star?????
    Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

iguy wrote: »
    .....i might be goin risky here but,i thought that woman with the idea for advertising in the seats of taxis,.i thought it was a good enough idea.....?????.....

I have a mate was doing that nearly three years ago He had a fleet of cars doing it but he sold the company eighteen months ago & it's gone belly up since.

Not a new idea as she claimed & according to my buddy (I rang him when it came on), the market is way too small & disorganised here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Its nowhere near as good as the UK version. The Irish dragons never seem to ask the relevent questions to justify not investing. All you get is " hi im sean let me tell you where i am at.........................I cant see it working and for that reason i am out". No real reason given. I can understand if they know nothing about the product/biz but that is why they should ask more questions and try and make an informed decision instead of their I know it all attitude. It seems to me that they are afraid of looking foolish at their lack of knowledge in certain industry sectors. Fastly going down hill if ya ask me.

Advertisement