Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You have to admire the scandinavians!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭karen3212

It's well know that women can concentrate 100% on several things at once. :pac:

Great to see a parent with their child!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

She's there to vote. If it was a regular parlimentary debate, that would be a different thing altogether.

I really don't get those who take issue with it.

Those that take issue - would you have similar issues with a woman turning up to a polling station to vote on a referrendum with her young baby? I don't see the difference at all.

If I was a constituent of hers I would be well impressed with how seriously she was taking the democratic process. Not like our bunch of jokers. Ours can't even come back from their ridiculously long Christmas break early when the country is falling apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Brien

the long and the short of it is that you have a dedicated woman, doing the very best she can by her job. She is on maternity leave, not taking the pi$$ out of "women everywhere who fought for the right".

anyone with a problem about bringing her baby to brussels with her should lodge complaints with ryanair, airlingus... what do you reckon, pass a law that says a kid must be at least 10 years old before they are allowed fly??? (by the way i was being sarcastic)

i really dont understand why more people here aren't looking for irish politicians to be as committed to THEIR jobs. not a fat chance in hell would you get one of our elected lot to get off their ar$e and go to work on a regular day, let alone a day someone somewhere told them they could take off!!!!
    icon8.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I really have to question the wisdom of exposing your child to the lowest levels of human depravity: politicians ;)

Seriously, if it was just 15 minutes to drop in and vote, what harm is she doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

To be fair, most of the more strongly opposed posts were made before it was clarified that she was only there to vote. Personally, I wouldnt be that bothered by it if it was just for the vote, and I think (hope!) that even the more militantly pro-parent posters would acknowledge that a parliamentary debate would be no place to bring a child of that age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

ceegee wrote: »
    To be fair, most of the more strongly opposed posts were made before it was clarified that she was only there to vote. Personally, I wouldnt be that bothered by it if it was just for the vote, and I think (hope!) that even the more militantly pro-parent posters would acknowledge that a parliamentary debate would be no place to bring a child of that age.

I feel this thread has been great to show how easily people can jump into conclusions, be critical, and sometimes intolerant. As far as I am concerned, I probably wouldn't do it unless there was a catastrophic sequence of events were the choices were either miss the voting session or go with the baby (which might be the case here) mainly because I am a guy who lacks fully fledged multi-tasking capabilities:o.

I don't think I have the right to criticize her, specially since no harm is being done to anyone, and as I said before, giving her the benefit of the doubt, I admire her work ethics.

Advertisement