Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Damned United

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Was there 100% no truth behind what Clough said ?
    Yep. 100% no truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Finally watched this. Fave bit was when Johnny Giles punched Kevin Keegan in 1974 Charity Shield. Right in the kisser. LEGEND :D

Finally watched this. Fave bit was when Johnny Giles punched Kevin Keegan in 1974 Charity Shield. Right in the kisser. LEGEND :D

Ha ha yeah that was brilliant. I can only imagine Giles reminiscing on Off the ball
    "He called me an oirish poof-ball eooooinnnn!!!!" :D

Keegan got in some scrapes in his day for one who comes across so polished in the media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'll bump this if youuu don't mind, young man!

Sunday BBC2 9 PM

followed by

Brian Clough: The Greatest Manager England Never Had?(Documentary)
    BBC 2 Sunday, July 18th, 2010 10:30pm to 11:35pm
    Charismatic, outspoken, and often controversial, Brian Clough is widely considered to be the best manager England never had and one of the best English managers the game of football has ever seen. This frank documentary tells the story of an unforgettable career, including heady days with Derby County, unprecedented European success with Nottingham Forest and a notorious 44-day tenure as Leeds United boss, fictionalised in the novel and film 'The Damned United'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

In his 1994 autobiography, Clough said Liverpool fans brought the Hillsborough tragedy on themselves – later compounding his comments on a TV chat show

Dont like Clough for that

The man had quite a lot to say about that day. On the day itself on camera and through his book and tv interviews over the years that followed.

He came out at a later date and retracted his comments, but I have despised the man ever since the day, and have never been able to be in anyway objective about him since, which is why I generally don't get into any discussion of note about him other than maybe if talking purely about his football teams and not about the man himself.

I have actually carried quite an irrational dislike for Martin O'Neill as well through his Clough connection but that can be a tale for a shrink's couch someday.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I enjoyed that, more than John Giles did I suspect! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

great movie, don't usually like sport movies...but that was class

One inaccuracy was the whole Brighton thingy, in the movie it looked like clough never bothered to manage Brighton and jumped ship instantly for Leeds...but..in reality clough spent the best part of a season with Brighton (32 games) before going to Leeds.

artistic licence i suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

fryup wrote: »
    great movie, don't usually like sport movies...but that was class

One inaccuracy was the whole Brighton thingy, in the movie it looked like clough never bothered to manage Brighton and jumped ship instantly for Leeds...but..in reality clough spent the best part of a season with Brighton (32 games) before going to Leeds.

artistic licence i suppose

you mean most of the film?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Watched it last night, really sad the way he ended his career and life as a comic figure because of his alcoholism.

• Advertisement
Advertisement