Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

know the value of your stock,

• 27-03-2009 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

My daughter has 2. 3/4 bred limousin cows.

from these she had 2 belgian blue bulls ( quality animals) born Jan 2008.

I noticed an ad in the journal looking for similar cattle. phoned & your man says he will send one of his agents.

bloke arrives & offers €1000 each not a cent more to be had.

no deal

took them to a special sale last week,

average weight 525 Kgs. sold for €1400 each

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

snowman707 wrote: »
    My daughter has 2. 3/4 bred limousin cows.

from these she had 2 belgian blue bulls ( quality animals) born Jan 2008.

I noticed an ad in the journal looking for similar cattle. phoned & your man says he will send one of his agents.

bloke arrives & offers €1000 each not a cent more to be had.

no deal

took them to a special sale last week,

average weight 525 Kgs. sold for €1400 each

There's loads of guys advertising on the journal and other farming papers looking for papers looking for people selling stock that don't know the value of them. BB off limousin cows are a very good seller. Had 6 myself and they left nice money.

I'd never try to sell a good animal from the house. If he's good he will look good at a sale in with ordinary animals and he will attract buyers. I have a perception in my head that several people sell from the house only if they don't want the animal to be compared to other animals. I know its a wrong perception in 90% of cases, but I have often looked at pedigree bulls for sale from the farmyard. They have usually been tried at a bull sale and were withdrawn because of poor prices. When I think about it, I suppose it works both ways. You can sometimes get a better price for an animal when he can't be compared to others like at a sale.

Personally I sell much more than I buy and Like to sell them at sales.

Advertisement