Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dilemma

• 27-03-2009 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Bit of a dilemma;

Got a little bonus in the job. Her indoors said, "Why don't you buy that lens you've been harpin on about " So I'm looking at it now and I'm struggling to convince myself that £759ish is best spent on 24-70mm f/2.8L USM.

Using a 350D right now, which is a crop, and I'm wondering would this kind of bread be better spent on an upgraded body to full sensor.

Full sensor might be a bit crap though without decent glass....

So convince me? A or B?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Glass everytime, a 24-70 will outlast any body you buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

Agreed!! glass will hold it's value, oh! and if your getting it new at that price - snap it up!!!
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

24-70/2.8L USM is a weapon - built like a tank, survives everything and very versatile. And once you step up with a body (only question of time), you will appreciate the lens even more. Go for it, you cannot get wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

24-70 f2.8L is my dream lens, was about to take the plunge couple of weeks ago but decided to hold it off as i was between jobs!

having read loads of reviews and recommendations - you couldn't go wrong unless you get a bad copy which you should be able to sort it with your supplier or Canon. Anyway, it shouldn't be a major issue as i believe Canon has been good in quality control and customer services.

btw, where did you get that pricing if you don't mind telling us? Flash Camera quoted me a while ago for 860 pound-ish.

anyway, all the best with any decision you make.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭YeahOK

mart_max wrote: »

btw, where did you get that pricing if you don't mind telling us? Flash Camera quoted me a while ago for 860 pound-ish.

anyway, all the best with any decision you make.

Price was an old quote from Kerso. Mailed him last night and he's now quoting £895.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Moman

Was quoted €1359 last week for this in Limerick :eek:
    Anyone got any recomms from whom to buy online? always a bit wary of the ebay route incase of returns/warranty (or just not getting the thing at all lol)

Advertisement