Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sourcing materials

Options
  • 27-03-2009 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have a big job coming up and need to purchase a fair bit of cat5 cabling, face plates, pattress boxes, patch panels, comms cabinet etc. I have a few sources for these but am just wondering if someone could suggest some cheap yet quality suppliers. There is a huge variation in the prices out there. Especially interested in sourcing 24 and 48 port patch panels.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

For switches, data Cabinets & Patch panels it might be worth looking at PCScience.

No idea how they compare prise wise though.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

will have a look and compare prices.

Thanks a mill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Hi there,

are you in the trade or do you work for a company that is doing there own IT? If you are in the trade then any supplier will bend over backwards for you and give you good discounts.

Be aware though, cheap and even well priced products may not be suited or be up to the grade. I for example use only one brand of module, face plate and cable. The reason for this is simple, its the best, yet its not the dearest. Some items of an IT install you must spend money on. Data cabinets can vary from rubbish that hasnt got the engineer in mind to amazing quality.

If you would like help on what products I would use feel free to give me a shout. If its a big job dont take any chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

I am in the trade - I'll pm you regarding what I'm looking for. Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement