Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

in Brussels

• 27-03-2009 1:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm heading over to Belgium at the start of April to do the Tour of Flanders sportif. I'm staying with a friend and due to financial limitations I had to travel a day earlier and stay a day later than I need to.

Do, while my friend is working on the friday and the monday, I need some sights and things to do to fill my day.

Google seems to only throw up beer and chocolate in Brussels where I am staying. The only other mention was "mini-Europe".

Anyway, I'm partial to a bit of culture, museums and the like. Won't be looking to travel to far from Brussels, I would prefer to be on foot for the day. Does anyone have any suggestions for 2 days of travel? I will give the beer and chocolate a shot anyway, so that's one thing to do so far!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Manneken Pis, the Atomium. There's a huge new bar after opening in the last while, Delirium I think it's called, and it stocks over 2,000 different beers from around the world. Try to save a few for return visits, don't try them all on your first visit! The EU quarter is to be avoided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Drink Kwak beer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll have to save the beer for the sunday. That's plenty of stuff to do so, also thinking about cycling out to Gent for a bit of a wander.

Appreciate it!

Maybe head the other way, into Wallonia. I think Liege has buckets full of character compared to Ghent. Charleroi is dodgy, as is Namur, but I really liked Liege.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Bruges is a nice spot apparently, and Ansterdam is only a couple of hours on the train :pac:

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Delirium has been open for years, but yeah its a great spot to try out:D

http://www.deliriumcafe.be/

My bad! I saw it featured in the Ryanair in-flight magazine in January and on 4 visits to Brussels in the last 18 months nobody ever told me about Delirium, I assumed it was a relatively new thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

There is also a cartoon museum which is fun.. A train to Bruges and a wander would be a nice idea...

Advertisement