Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road verge marker posts - where to buy???

Options
  • 27-03-2009 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

I have a section of "garden" (basically a green area) outside my house which is being ruined by trucks/cars pulling in from a busy R road. Everytime I clean it up, some a$$hole will drive onto the edge again a make a mess. So...

I am looking for anywhere that sells road verge marker posts - preferrably plastic springy ones. Are they sold to the general public at all - is there any legal implications to putting these up. Short of putting large white painted stones along the verge, I'm at a loss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

we have tried the large granite stones, kerbs .. all stolen or nicked ..
    If you put plastic posts up with a white plastic chain..and a few reflectors

Something like these electric fence posts are flexible and can be easily
    removed if you need to cut the grass etc..
    cp3.jpg

The Plastic chain is a huge deterrent for margin huggers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brendanp

You can purchase verge markers for protecting your grass margin on the road here: http://www.pittman.ie/Products/Flexible-Verge-Marker__752510.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

You would be wise to first check if there may be any potential Public liability concerns with your local council. Ideally you should obtain written approval in the event of any future claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Sonnen is right. Be careful. If you encounter planning H&S problems then maybe you could plant with something tough & thorny !

Advertisement